Feedback on "Smart" Selections

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 162
LogosEmployee
Chris Culy (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 8:12 AM

Tim, the second issue you described (the one in the LEB) should be fixed with verse-level support for smart selection. This has been implemented internally and will be shipping in a later build. Someone from the testing team will post here when it ships. Thank you!

Posts 758
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 8:16 AM

Thank you, Chris.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2014 1:40 PM

Chris Culy (Logos):

Tim, the second issue you described (the one in the LEB) should be fixed with verse-level support for smart selection. This has been implemented internally and will be shipping in a later build. Someone from the testing team will post here when it ships. Thank you!

The verse-level support for smart selection has shipped for Windows in 5.2a Beta 3. The support for Mac will be coming in a later beta release. Sorry for the discrepancy (this was an unusual circumstance), and I'll update this post again once it is available on Mac.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 809
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 24 2014 7:19 PM

The way Smart Selection works more recently makes it rather useless for me, but I'm sure it didn't always work this way.

I frequently want to select partial lines of text, where the selection begins part way through one line and ends part way through a different line, but this seems no longer possible with SS on.

Now, if the selection spans multiple lines, the whole lines are selected which is no use to me most of the time. Can't there be some modifier to work with word-level selection, not line or verse-level selection over multiple lines?

Posts 25037
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2014 2:35 AM

Richard Lyall:
Can't there be some modifier to work with word-level selection, not line or verse-level selection over multiple lines?

SS off - which requires a little manual effortBig Smile

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2014 11:27 AM

Dylan Rondeau:
The support for Mac will be coming in a later beta release. Sorry for the discrepancy (this was an unusual circumstance), and I'll update this post again once it is available on Mac.

This is now available for Mac in 5.2a Beta 4. 

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS