Bug: Replace With Passage Service on Mac does not Format verses correctly

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 8 2013 1:31 PM

The title says it all. If I use the Replace With Passage service in Mac the passage is not inserted with the proper formatting. In my particular case, the verses are not superscript as they should be according to my format. If I manually go over to Logos and copy the verses using the CopyBibleVerses panel then they are formatted correctly.

Posts 27960
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 1:47 PM

Samuel Clough:

The title says it all.

Then by all means, include the title in the thread! But alas, it didn't. What OS are you running? What program?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 2:00 PM

I'm on 10.9. In my case, it's a problem for me in Microsoft Word. This is a long running bug though, it's not something new.

Posts 25195
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 9 2013 2:09 AM

Samuel Clough:
This is a long running bug though, it's not something new.

It is fundamentally a limitation of Word smart tags that you only get plain text. Logos could improve it but Microsoft has been burying Smart Tags with each release since Office 2007!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 9 2013 5:17 AM

Dave Hooton:

It is fundamentally a limitation of Word smart tags that you only get plain text. Logos could improve it but Microsoft has been burying Smart Tags with each release since Office 2007!

You did not read my post. I'm using Mac, not Windows. I'm not using "Smart Tags."

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 12 2013 4:57 AM

Could someone from Logos comment as to whether there is any plan to fix this bug?

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 7:59 AM

Anyone know the proper way to report this as a Logos bug?

Posts 25195
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 12:30 PM

Samuel Clough:
You did not read my post. I'm using Mac, not Windows. I'm not using "Smart Tags."

"Replace with Passage" in MS Word is a Smart Tag action in Office 2007. It may be called something else in later versions

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8112
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:

Samuel Clough:

"Replace with Passage" in MS Word is a Smart Tag action in Office 2007. It may be called something else in later versions

The OP is talking about the "Replace with Passage" service on Mac OS X, which is unrelated to Office Smart Tags.

Posts 235
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 5:01 PM

Replace with passage is working OK here, superscript or subscript.  Are you using any special formatting other than the standard?  The only problem I've had with the passage replacement service is that it doesn't pay attention to the font I've designated. It always defaults to Helvetica.

I'm using a 2013 iMac with Mavericks and MS Word 2011 for the Mac.

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 25195
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 1:05 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
The OP is talking about the "Replace with Passage" service on Mac OS X,

Thanks for the clarification.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 6:09 AM

Charles Scaglione:

Replace with passage is working OK here, superscript or subscript.  Are you using any special formatting other than the standard?  The only problem I've had with the passage replacement service is that it doesn't pay attention to the font I've designated. It always defaults to Helvetica.

I'm using a 2013 iMac with Mavericks and MS Word 2011 for the Mac. 

Charles,

This is the code for my style:

%NoCharFormatting
%NoRedLetter
%NoFootnotes
%NoCitation

<p>
=ForEachVerse
<sup>[VerseNum]</sup>[VerseText]
=Footer
([FullPassageRef] [Version])
</p>

When I paste, the superscripts do not come across. I'm on Mavericks using MS Word 2011 as well. I'd be curious what your style looks like.

Posts 59
FrMoses | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 4:14 PM

Wouldn't the first line in your code preclude the superscripts from coming through?

I use Verbum with an 8-Core Mac Pro (2013) and a MacBook Pro (2017)

Posts 25195
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 4:38 PM

FrMoses:

Wouldn't the first line in your code preclude the superscripts from coming through?

Yes, but the <sup> formatting should ensure superscript text for the verse number.

BTW you have responded to an old post.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 4:28 AM

This is an old post, but unfortunately this bug persists. It is still a problem in the current version of Logos. I wish they would fix it because it would save me from having to switch to Logos and use the CBV tool rather than being able to insert verses directly in Word. I'm not quick sure why this one hasn't been fixed. I know it's at least 2 years old and I'm guessing it's a simple fix.

Posts 25195
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 1:20 PM

Re-post the thread in Logos 6 and provide some screenshots that illustrate it.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS