Attaching Graphics to Verses or Pericopes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Matt Bondaruk | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 16 2013 7:19 AM

I do not have any idea of how to search for the answer to my question on this forum. WOW ... so much information!

Here's my question ...

PART A

In the Faithlife Infographics, there are, for example, 2 diagrams of Noah's Ark. Is there a way for me to attach those actual graphics to let's say the pericope at Gen 6:13? I've tries coping the URL link and attaching it to a note in a note attached to 6:13. Only the word description is displayed ... no diagram! The reason I want to do that (if possible) is because next time I visit The Flood story, I may actually forget that those diagrams actually exist.

PART B

Over the years I have accumulated numerous charts, diagrams and graphics that I would like to attach to a verse or a pericope. Let's make a general assumption that all these items are JPG or TIFF files. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks, Matt

Posts 21857
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2013 10:40 AM

Hi Matt

Matt Bondaruk:
In the Faithlife Infographics, there are, for example, 2 diagrams of Noah's Ark. Is there a way for me to attach those actual graphics to let's say the pericope at Gen 6:13? I've tries coping the URL link and attaching it to a note in a note attached to 6:13. Only the word description is displayed ... no diagram!

When I copy the URL and paste it into a note I get the following:

If I then Ctrl-Click on the link I get to the diagram.

Do you see different behaviour?

Matt Bondaruk:
Over the years I have accumulated numerous charts, diagrams and graphics that I would like to attach to a verse or a pericope. Let's make a general assumption that all these items are JPG or TIFF files. Can someone help me with this?

At the moment you can't include images into notes (it has been requested on various occasions)

You might want to look at doing this via Personal Books - see http://community.logos.com/forums/p/66050/461229.aspx for a similar discussion

Hope this helps

Graham 

Posts 4913
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2013 11:37 AM

As Graham explained you can't directly add graphics into notes. Requested many times, but many times Logos had rejected the idea. Why? They say notes are there for the kind of thing you jot down in the margin of your print bible.  Many users disagree and in reality use notes for much more than just personal marginal notes. Personally I'm with the users who see notes as a little more than margin jottings and would love to add a graphic into them every now and then.  To go to the trouble of creating a personal book for something done ad hoc is a little bit of an overkill in both time and effort.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS