Bible and resource link frustration

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2523
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 1:11 PM

Greg, the only way I can duplicate your issue is if I activate BKC. Sorry, I can't replicate it on my MBP 2012. Perhaps someone from Logos can figure it out. I just wanted to provide input from another Mac user as was requested. I do not know what differences we have in our settings, but if there is another test I can run to assist you in solving this problem, let me know. I hope you get to the bottom of this as I can see how it can get frustrating.

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 2:46 PM

Tried this on my iMac, and it was kind of hit-or-miss. Sometimes the NIV went to the correct verse in the middle of the BKC range; other times it went o the first verse in the BKC range. It never went to the correct verse and then jumped to the beginning of the BKC range, however.

Posts 1137
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 3:12 PM

I'm able to reproduce the bug on a macbook pro. Can see how it would get very annoying;)

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 1137
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 3:16 PM

I wonder if bringing the reverse interlinear pane up solves the problem?

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 3:27 PM

Greg M:

I looked at the support page and it looks to me like they say to post in the forums.  I do see that I should have posted with a keyword in the title like "bug" but I don't know how to change the title name now.

It seems random but I think I might have figured it out.  I'll go through the steps I did to repeat what happens.  I'm using the latest update to Logos 5 on a retina MBP.

1)  Open Logos

2)  type mat 19 4

wait a second or two and the passage will jump

3)  type gen 1 18

wait for the jump after each of these references

4)  type mat 3 2

5)  type rev 19 21

6)  type joh 14 6

Each passage will jump the first time that it's visited during the session that Logos is open but if you visit or scroll in that passage another time during the same session it will not jump.  Close Logos and reopen it and it will again jump when you first visit the passage.  It will do the same thing when scrolling.

I tried the same sequence on a laptop that I have that still has Logos 4 on it and it does not behave like this.

Hello Greg 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm unable to replicate the behavior you describe in steps 1-3 on my Mac. I've even tried both versions of the NIV, with the bible as the active panel. Can you call our support line at your earliest convenience? The number is 800-875-6467. If a CS rep can't fix the problem for you, as someone else has said a second level tech can connect to see what is going on more easily and resolve the problem.

Posts 76
Greg M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 7:19 PM

What times are they in?

Posts 76
Greg M | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 7:55 AM

I found a place where I can get the scrolling problem to replicate.  Here is a video of it.  You have to look closely since you can't see me scrolling.  I scrolled a few lines at a time and scrolled slowly.  When the text jumps is when the software jumped the text, not me scrolling.  It  is inconsistent and it will sometimes jump when I'm scrolling the other direction but I was able to get this to repeat so that I could record it.

www.dslrcameras.com/scroll.swf

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS