Logos 4.0a is now available

Page 2 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 85 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:58 PM

Gerald P. Swetsky:
My trackball finally works like it should. 

Logos finally got the last trackball user in America back on board! PTL. Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 55
Glenn F | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:00 PM

Ward Walker:
I've got 8 processors humming away, re-crunching the indexes...estimate is 6 hours to go--WARNING: if you are in the middle of intense Bible study, don't force an update early...

What library or resource count do you have for 6 hours of indexing? I have Platinum with only a handful of any extra resources and a laptop with a i7 processor and Win 7 64 Bit. My re-indexing took about 1 hour.

Just curious because I know that some of you guys have enough resources to bankrupt some third world countries. Smile

HP DV7-3085dx Laptop, Intel i7 @ 1.6 Ghz, 6 Gigs of DDR3 memory, GeForce 230M Video with 1 Gig memory, 500 Gig HD, 17" Display, Windows 7

Scholars Platinum.

Posts 134
Joel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:02 PM

Great work Logos! The middle mouse click scroll is really appreciated.

One issue though- I get a repeatable crash every time I try and use the new explain screen feature. How do I best report this?

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:19 PM

GlennFinch:
What library or resource count do you have for 6 hours of indexing?

Looks like it's going to be about 6 hours on my laptop - 5235 resources.  Currently about 12 hours on my older, slower desktop.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 25282
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:29 PM

Joel:
One issue though- I get a repeatable crash every time I try and use the new explain screen feature. How do I best report this?

Logos need a log, preferably compressed. See http://www.logos.com/support/article/2135

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2956
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:30 PM

I have written ''up date now '' on the command ,but the result was  '' there are no update available.What should I do to update the 4.oa .When I start my computer  there was always remote connecting ,but from about 4 days it is not available ,and this also I do not  understand ,could you tell me please?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:35 PM

Tes:
have written ''up date now '' on the command ,but the result was  '' there are no update available.What should I do to update the 4.oa .When I start my computer  there was always remote connecting ,but from about 4 days it is not available ,and this also I do not  understand ,could you tell me please?

I would assume you are already connected or you would not have gotten the responses you did.  What version are you running - look under About in the question mark in the upper right corner.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 228
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:38 PM

This is fun!  Thanks Logos!!!

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:48 PM

Gerald P. Swetsky:

Wow!  My trackball finally works like it should.  I can now start using L4 seriously and will stop complaining about my "very expensive piece of beta software."

Joyeaux Noel,

Gerry

Scrolling is now working on my laptop, as well.  Wonderful!  Also pleased to see book navigation fixed (when reading a book with the table of contents open). 

A Merry Christmas to all Logos staff and users!

- Scott

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:58 PM

I see 'On Fire' is back under highlighting.  I like that one to use for very special things I want to remember or find again.

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 9:57 PM

My touchpad still doesn't finger scroll -- sigh! Gerry, but I am glad your trackball works!

Bill

Posts 210
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 10:50 PM

Well my scrolling works, but I feel the priority is set kind of high on the indexing.  I don't think an AMD 64 Athlon 5000+ is particularly slow, however things are sure slowing to a crawl.

Oh well, it won't be the first time the computer ran all night.  Between it and the web server next to it, I should have a nice hum to sleep to.

Are we going to have to go through this regularly?

Gerry

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 11:34 PM

Thank you, the look and feel are much better...

Posts 496
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 3:18 AM

Scott K:
Scrolling is now working on my laptop, as well.  Wonderful!  Also pleased to see book navigation fixed (when reading a book with the table of contents open). 

That is great - makes reading much easier now. 

I look forward to seeing what other changes are noticeable.

Thanks Logos.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 3:25 AM

Ah Logos.  Now you did it!  Now we have nothing to complain about!!

Congrats and thanks for the free Christmas present.

Posts 22
Graceman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 3:30 AM

Wow Now We are cooking!!  

Like them all but especially the copy verse options!

Thanks for all these refinements.

Greatly appreciated!!

Pastor Chris McFarland

Posts 291
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 4:19 AM

Randy Hartman:

Oh, it's software and we are a talented group!  I'm sure we'll find something...  Big Smile

Thanks, Logos!  Merry Christmas, everyone!!  Star

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 4:22 AM

Hahah.  Here I go---complaining!!  Scrolling does not seem to work on my laptop.  That was in fact my number one gripe.  Anyhow, I rejoice in the progress made so far.  This is a good day!

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 4:38 AM

Randy Hartman:

Congrats and thanks for the free Christmas present.

Well, there is still these 800 or so PBB's I have waiting... Big Smile

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 4:57 AM

Damian McGrath:

Bradley, seeing as RC's aren't indicated as such in the "About Logos Bible Software" panel.

Could you please give us also the number - is 4.0a = 4.01.3.4533?

The version numbers are always in the RSS feed: https://clientservices.logos.com/update/v1/feed/logos4/stable.xml

Page 2 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS