Just upgraded to Silver and have a question about the New American Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Ricky Simpson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 22 2013 5:58 PM

There's 40 volumes in the NAC currently.  What happens if additional volumes are written of this commentary.  I'm assuming I'll have to pay for the new commentaries.  They won't just add it to my collection since I've already purchased this set will they?  Thanks!

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 6:00 PM

Ricky Simpson:

There's 40 volumes in the NAC currently.  What happens if additional volumes are written of this commentary.  I'm assuming I'll have to pay for the new commentaries.  They won't just add it to my collection since I've already purchased this set will they?  Thanks!

It's true. You will have to pay for new volumes.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 222
Justin Cofer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 6:00 PM

yes u will have the option to pay for the new commentaries when they get published in Logos (they will hit pre-pub).

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 6:07 PM

Welcome to the Forums Ricky!

Cheers.

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 3
Ricky Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 6:12 PM

Thanks for the quick replies and the welcome!  I purchased Logos 4 Scholar's addition about 18 months ago as I was taking an Associate Pastor's position.  I love it, and today my church paid to upgrade me to Logos 5 Silver.  I'm really excited about all the new resources.

I figured I'd have to pay for the new volumes, but someone mentioned they'd be in pre-pub, so does that mean they might be discounted?

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 6:21 PM

Ricky Simpson:
I figured I'd have to pay for the new volumes, but someone mentioned they'd be in pre-pub, so does that mean they might be discounted?

From what I see only Revelation is available now https://www.logos.com/product/20317/new-american-commentary-revelation

However, if they become available in the future they surely go to pre-pub where you'd get the discount.

Cheers,
ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 7:11 PM

Ricky Simpson:

The best discount is a base package. So if you think you may upgrade to a larger package later, chances are the NAC will be part of the package. If you buy them in pre-pub and then go to upgrade your package, you will get credit for already owning those resources. However, you will not get what you paid for them, you will get what they are being offered at in the package (I'm pretty sure that's close to how it works). So it is best to decide what package, if any, you will ever upgrade to and then check to see if any individual resources are included in that package before you purchase them separately.

When you look at a resource on Logos.com, it will show you on the right if that title is included in a package or bundle.

Also, do you know about community pricing? That is a great way to get discounts.  

Posts 27546
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 7:23 PM

Kevin Maples:
Also, do you know about community pricing? That is a great way to get discounts.

Yes... but for clarification: Community Pricing is generally for public domain works. The program in a nut shell: Logos determines the "cost" to them to produce the resource and allows users to "bid" on what the resource would be worth to them. (For simple math) If the resource production cost were to be $100, then one user's bid of $100 could send the resource into production. On the other hand, ten users bids of $10, or 100 users bids of $1 would also send the resource into production. One last thing to note: A bid at any given price point is also a bid at every lower price point. If someone were to bid $100 and 99 other users bid $1, the $100 bidder would receive the resource for $1 along with all the fellow bidders.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Ricky Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 8:57 PM

Thanks for the reply. The package I purchased today contains the NAC (one of the main selling points for me). I was mainly wondering about what happens when new volumes of a set I already own come out because the NAC is missing a few volumes that I assume will eventually come out. Everyone has been very helpful. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS