Are you bidding on Greek Mathematical Works, and if so, why?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 45
David Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 23 2013 2:08 PM

I'm a lay elder who spends his work week as an engineer, so I am a self-professed math geek.  I was excited when I saw the Greek Mathematical Works Collection on CP (https://www.logos.com/product/34182/greek-mathematical-works-collection), but I really expected it would languish like other collections that seem to have been in CP forever (https://www.logos.com/product/8500/biblical-encyclopedia-and-museum, for example).  The Math Collection seems to have quickly hit critical mass, so I am curious how those of you who have bid on this intend to use it? (Are there just more math geek Logos users than I realized?)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 2:56 PM

David Scott:
so I am curious how those of you who have bid on this intend to use it? (Are there just more math geek Logos users than I realized?)

There must be more than you (or I) imagined. I am bidding on it for my homeschooled 13 year old son. He is a math geek. Whatever the reasons, I am happy folks are bidding on it. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 124
Mark Ziebold | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 3:00 PM

It looks interesting but I have no other reason than that to bid (although I decided to do so months ago).  

Posts 2174
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 3:04 PM

Just because I want to read them.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 3:07 PM

For me, the history. 'From whense?'  Especially vol 2 and measuring astonomical distance.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3854
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 3:47 PM

Though it is not LOGOS' expertise, I am convinced that LOGOS would serve as a wonderful tool for reading and studying mathematical and scientific texts.  With degrees in Chemistry (and a Math minor) and Computer Science, I would have loved the highlighting tools available with LOGOS for use with my text books.  Alas, that was too many years ago, but it could have been of help to the current generation of students.

I am curious as how LOGOS will work with a mathematical text book.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS