Links Not Working

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 25 2013 3:39 AM

I'm am using the Tozer on the Holy Spirit: A 366-Day Devotional and there are links to other books which references the page for the devotional and the book it comes from.  I use to be able to click on the reference and that book would open but I noticed today it doesn't work.  I checked to make sure I have the resource, which I do.  One resource is "God's Pursuit of Man."  It appears this action is happening with the,"Tozer on Christian Leadership: A 366-Day Devotional" as well.  Any suggestions for correcting this problem?

Thanks

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 4:23 AM

Very few of the links in this resource actually work (the most recent one I could find was 5 November).

Usually when this happens it would be because the Logos version of the 366-Day Devotional was produced before the other books it refers to. When Logos produces a resource, they try and ensure that it will link to all appropriate existing books, but they only rarely go back later and add in links, even if new resources are produced.

However, in this case I'm not sure that's true. I think the entire Tozer collection was produced at the same time, in 2008.

None of that really helps you, I'm afraid, other than to confirm that it's not something you can correct.

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 6:02 AM

Thanks Mark.

Posts 1011
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 10:27 AM

Claybon, 

As Mark mentioned, unfortunately there is nothing you can do until if and when the resources get updated.

I am not familiar with the project history of every resource in the collection but it appears that the collection might have been produced without any page milestones. As print has become available to us we have updated the resource by giving them page numbers and adding links where possible. I believe this devotional was one of the first to be updated and we added as many links as we could at the time.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS