Black Friday Sales Posted!

Page 1 of 5 (97 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 96 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 222
Justin Cofer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 27 2013 8:49 PM

https://www.logos.com/blackfriday

HALOT for $120.  Has it ever sold for cheaper?

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:07 PM

WOW.. just WOW...

Super-Weak deals ... these are NOT blackfriday deals .. 

Well ... i'll just go use money to buy iPad Air from Target for $380..

disappointing! 

ps: don't even bother checking out the page guys.. not worth considering at all. 

As what Bob Pritchett, CEO of Logos wrote in his book, FIRE someone TODAY!

Fire Someone Today! Bob

Posts 476
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:12 PM

I'm pretty disappointed too. Just a handful of items on my wish list made it to the sale. I was hoping to finally pick up the Anchor Bible Commentaries.

Also, the discounts aren't very much. The first two commentary sets listed can be purchased cheaper elsewhere.

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:16 PM

Justin Cofer:

https://www.logos.com/blackfriday

HALOT for $120.  Has it ever sold for cheaper?

I've seen cheaper

Posts 222
Justin Cofer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:20 PM

what price?

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:26 PM

This for me is the most disappointing Black Friday Sale ever by Logos. Small discounts on books that have been on sale several times in the last couple years. Maybe fun for new Logos users; not so for many others. I will save my money this time. Maybe Logos just wants us to save our money, because they are preparing the best Christmas Deals ever!

Posts 103
mwk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:29 PM

I might have been tempted on a couple of the items, but neither had previews of any kind which surprised me.

Before I unleash the credit card, I want to have a look at some of the actual content of the books.

And I must have been confused about some items in a Wish List getting a discount. Don't see any on my list indicating a discount. I guess it has to be the right products for a discount to actually be applied.

Interesting marketing tactic to try to entice people to call in or e-mail to see what the blurry deals on that page might be. It's not something I'd do (if you have a deal, just show it) but it must work with enough other people to be worthwhile.

So, I guess I'm in the "disappointed" category, too. On the other hand, saving money by not spending it isn't such a bad thing.

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:30 PM

What was a bit of a surprise was seeing the sale on Barnes Notes. It took us years to get that through Community Pricing.

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:31 PM

$400 off the ICC is a great deal.  However, I just can't afford even a great deal right now.  I have spent my Black Friday money on a machine to run Logos.   Maybe this will come back at a more opportune time for me.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:45 PM

Those who want a preview of Baker's New Testament Commentary (HK) can see a few pages from 2 Cor by searching corinthians kistemaker on CBD:

mwk67:
I might have been tempted on a couple of the items, but neither had previews of any kind which surprised me.

Before I unleash the credit card, I want to have a look at some of the actual content of the books.

L2 Catholic new; Used: ODCC L5 Reformed Silver L6 Full Crossgrade; L6 Chinese Bronze new; L6 Ancient Literature Feature Expansion Collection (25 vols.) new, no dynamic pricing. Before packs had 100 books incl. AYBRL new

Posts 1210
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:59 PM

Gee... that is kind of a letdown. Maybe there are more coming? They seem to hint there are other sales... I rather they just be upfront. I was waiting to see what sales were on, but to looks like it's an iPad for me :) 

Posts 1493
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 11:09 PM

Chafer's still too much money!! Angry

How is this a Black Friday deal? Only 13 bucks off?

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 11:22 PM

For some titles, you have to find the hidden Easter egg. Take this one:

"On sale" for $97

When you follow the link, you discover that this was already on sale for $82

But when you add it to your chart and use the Black Friday coupon, you can get it for.... $72!

I think this is not very helpful for anybody. I should not have to search for getting to know the "real price" for a specific resource that's on sale (unless dynamic pricing affects the price, but that is not the case in this example). Why not just show the real sale price? 

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 11:46 PM

only few are like that, not all.

Plus the correct BlackFriday price should've been around $50 or less.

Do you have student discount by any chance?

Posts 1098
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 11:46 PM

I had just recently added the Early Church Fathers to my wishlist. $50 off is not bad; more, of course, would have been better! Smile

I guess I have to wait until Sales gets back to me about the "secrets" before I can make a fully informed decision on what to buy.

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 12:05 AM

I got the Bible Speaks Today series for $59.90.  Smile   The extra $10.05 off was an unexpected blessing.

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 12:05 AM

mike:
only few are like that, not all.

Right, unfortunately, but there might be a few. The Bible Speaks Today commentaries have already been mentioned as well. It appears that the BF sales apply a discount to the current prices in Logos' system. So for titles that are on sale already (e.g. the November deals), an additional discount will be added once you put them in your cart.

mike:
Do you have student discount by any chance?

No. Are you seeing different prices than I do?

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 12:19 AM

I agree that's disappointing for a Black Friday. There's nothing that tempts me. Perhaps that's the downside of letting us choose the books, rather than someone at publisher relations negotiating with publishers to see what books they can offer at the deepest discount.

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 12:31 AM

André Kamphuis:
For some titles, you have to find the hidden Easter egg.

I did a quick search for titles that were on sale already, and will thus lead to a lower price than we are seeing on this Black Friday Sales page. Here are a few (but check your price, because bundles might have dynamic pricing).

Notice that these discounts are more significant than a first look at the Sales page. Still not great, but it might be enough to help some of us out.

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 12:52 AM

for those who are dissapointed with Logos' sale ..

here in US, we have a real BlackFriday sale in Target stores...

iPad Air 16gb $380 live now. Just bought it

iPad Air

Page 1 of 5 (97 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS