Renaming a Bible Reading Plan

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2009 3:31 AM

Is there a way to rename a Bible Reading Plan?  Thanks!

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 3:36 AM

Michael Lyman:

Not that I know of. It seems that once you create a plan, about the only thing you can do is delete it.

Posts 10805
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 3:47 AM

Michael Lyman:

I had this nice procedure all mapped out for you and then discovered that it would not work. I have changed the name of a reading plan in the past, but now I can't find the way. Perhaps, I changed the suggested name when I created the plan. Sad

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
MorrisProctorEmployee
Morris Proctor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 3:54 PM

Hi Michael,

Yes you can rename the plan.

• Open the plan from the File menu
  • Click the pencil icon next to the name of the plan
  • Type a new name
  • Click outside the name box to save the new name

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 4:18 PM

Morris,

I don't see a pencil in the menu even if I hover over the Bible Reading Plan.  If I open the plan I don't see one either.

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 4:35 PM

Michael,

I had a look and it doesn't seem to let you rename it. Logos will title the reading plan based on the book you have selected. If you change the book for the reading plan, the name will change with it. There is no pencil icon in the File menu for me either. (I have 4.0a)

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 4:43 PM

Does anyone at Logos know if the naming reading plan function is scheduled for Logos 4?  It worked great in Logos 3.  Thanks!  I base my Bible Study on my daily reading plan and being able to name it is very important to me at least.  I have 4.0a as well.

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 7:22 PM

Morris, Can you give me a screenshot of how you do it?  Thanks again.

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
MorrisProctorEmployee
Morris Proctor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 9:28 PM

Hey Michael,

Here you go:

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 4:57 AM

How do you get to that point?  Here's a screenshot of what I have when I open my bible reading plan.

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:10 AM

It took me a while too to find what Morris was demonstrating. I didn't even know this existed because it is a bit off of the beaten track.  Here's at least one way to get to it.

1. From the Ribbon bar on the home page click edit.  Yours will look different depending on how your reading plan is listed.

2. When you have clicked edit, a window will pop up. At the top of the calendar is your plan's name and beside it is a little pencil. (it is right after the word "weeks" on my screen). Click the pencil.

3. When you click the pencil the reading plan name will be highlighted. Type in what you want and you are done! :)

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:16 AM

I don't have a little pencil there, I've ran my pointer back and forth to see if it would pop up and I don't see it on your screen shot either.

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:17 AM

Another way Michael is that when you open your reading plan, click edit. (see circled below) This will take you to step two at which you can click the pencil and away you go!

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:20 AM

Michael Lyman:
I don't have a little pencil there, I've ran my pointer back and forth to see if it would pop up and I don't see it on your screen shot either.

I've circled the pencil on my screen shot. It doesn't really stick out.

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:23 AM

Thanks for persevering with me.  I found it this time!  Have a great Christmas!

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:24 AM

Michael Lyman:
Thanks for persevering with me.  I found it this time!  Have a great Christmas!

No probs.  Have a great Christmas too!

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 3:16 PM

For what it's worth, you don't have to click on the pencil itself, but on any of the text that the pencil is pointing at. So, clicking anywhere on the title will have the same effect as clicking on the pencil icon.

Also, if you can't see the icon at all, you may want to play around with the brightness/contrast settings on your monitor. Also, many newer monitors come preset for things like watching movies (they try to make the screen feel brighter, even if it washes out some of the content). If you can find and change these settings, you should be able to see things like the pencil icon much better.

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:43 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

2. .... At the top of the calendar is your plan's name and beside it is a little pencil.

I flailed a bit, until I realized I wasn't scrolled to the top of the calendar (duh!) ... now I see how to edit the title/the pencil.  I'm still getting used to these scroll bars...    Thank all y'all!

Posts 39
Josh Neighbors | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 10:59 AM

@Ward: Thanks for suggesting we scroll to the top. Otherwise, I would still be trying to find it too.

Posts 13
Luke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:10 AM

Have things changed or is it because I am using the Mac version?  I have no pencil.

Thanks,

luke

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS