Plymouth Brethren Resources

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 8:59 PM

I am attending a reputable (and if you are southern baptist, an acclaimed) Seminary.

Now if only they would let me live AND work in NC/FL.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 308
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2013 8:41 AM

Mike Pettit:
It does amuse me that the very thought of being thought of as a denomination would have sent the Brethren founders into convulsions, but tagged they must be!

That one made me chuckle, having known lots of good Brethren during the years.

Sir Robert Anderson comes to mind as another PB writer that isn't tagged.

Posts 810
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 2:36 PM

The Brethren resources are known only to the Brethren (i.e. the elect). (speaking as a former PB I should say ;)

Posts 103
Mark O'Hearn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2013 8:34 PM
With respect to the original post, being associated with a Gospel Hall and one of these "brethren" (we prefer small "b" please), I had thought Darby's materials had been tagged with other PB material. Perhaps I am mistaken or perhaps this has been changed since I last searched? Though I enjoy many Biblical translations nowadays, I still find Darby's translation insightful at times. Another author often associated with the PB (though he was Baptist) is H.A. Ironside who had a wonderful, simple way of expressing his theological thoughts. In some respects he reminds me of C.S. Lewis. C.I. Scofield, another PB author, wrote a gem entitled, "The Loveliness of Christ" that I have always enjoyed reading and re-reading. Small group of Christians with a surprisingly rich history of Christian literature. Best regards.
Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 11 2013 6:10 AM

Lol. Thats funny. I come from a Kerala brethren background (which is an independent Indian offshoot of the Plymouth).

Richard Lyall:

The Brethren resources are known only to the Brethren (i.e. the elect). (speaking as a former PB I should say ;)

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 11 2013 6:13 AM

Though there arent as many good resources coming out officially out of a PB background today, there are many authors who still associate with PB or PB-derived churches. Alexander Strauch is a famous one that comes to my mind. Really sharp and funny guy!

Mark O'Hearn:
With respect to the original post, being associated with a Gospel Hall and one of these "brethren" (we prefer small "b" please), I had thought Darby's materials had been tagged with other PB material. Perhaps I am mistaken or perhaps this has been changed since I last searched? Though I enjoy many Biblical translations nowadays, I still find Darby's translation insightful at times. Another author often associated with the PB (though he was Baptist) is H.A. Ironside who had a wonderful, simple way of expressing his theological thoughts. In some respects he reminds me of C.S. Lewis. C.I. Scofield, another PB author, wrote a gem entitled, "The Loveliness of Christ" that I have always enjoyed reading and re-reading. Small group of Christians with a surprisingly rich history of Christian literature. Best regards.

Posts 1985
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 11 2013 11:36 AM

Mark O'Hearn:
Another author often associated with the PB (though he was Baptist) is H.A. Ironside

Just a casual search of the internet will clearly show that Ironside was not in baptist circles, but in the circles of the so called plymouth brethren.

There are authors associated with the brethren movement that are in Logos:

Darby

FF Bruce

Ironside

CH Mackintosh

CI Scofield

Alexander Strauch

William Kelly

Wolston, WTP

George Muller

William MacDonald

Samuel Rideout