Creating a list of all highlighted sections in a book

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 41
Robert B Harte | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 1 2013 9:30 AM

How do I create a file of all the sections of a book I have highlighted in a book and then cut and paste these sections to Word.

Posts 29037
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 1 2013 11:16 AM

There isn't really a good way to do this. Some thoughts:

1. I personally create a "resource specific" note document for each resource (as needed) to store my highlights for that particular resource. For example: A book I have called "Margin" has a corresponding note document named "Margin." This requires changing the default behavior for where highlighting notes are stored.
  2. Since I have organized my highlighting notes this way, all of my highlighting notes are together. The notes, however, have an automatically generated title with a blank space where the note goes. Highlights created from within L5 have an appended version of the highlighted passage as the title. Highlights created from the iOS mobile app have the full passage as the title, but that behavior is considered a "bug" or "undesired behavior" on the part of Logos. Remember: the spot in the note with the highlighted passage is the TITLE of the note.
  3. Many users, including myself, would like to see additional functionality added. Personally, I would like to see an additional field added... one specifically for the highlighted passage quote. I would also like to see a "quote" view of notes, so that someone can highlight a book and then later read ONLY the highlighted passages.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 1 2013 11:31 AM

A very cumbersome way to do this, but presently really the only way to do it completely is to open that book and proceed through all your highlighted bits using the down arrow on the location bar, with "Annotation" selected in the dropdown menu. This will go to the next highlight or place where you'd attached a note. Then for each one you'd have to reselect with the mouse the text you had highlighted, then copy it and paste it somewhere (such as a Notes file or Word document) where you were accumulating all the highlighted text.

This is not a great solution for something which people are frequently asking how to do. Logos needs to add functionality for doing this easily within the program.

Posts 41
Robert B Harte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 1 2013 12:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestion.  It is slow but it does provide a way to quickly move through the document.

Posts 9533
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 1 2013 12:48 PM

alabama24:
Many users, including myself, would like to see additional functionality added. Personally, I would like to see an additional field added... one specifically for the highlighted passage quote. I would also like to see a "quote" view of notes, so that someone can highlight a book and then later read ONLY the highlighted passages.

I am one of those people who would really like to see this happen.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS