HUGEEE price increased in Master Bundles, becareful!

Page 1 of 4 (78 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 77 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1881
mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 4 2013 1:28 AM

2 days ago I took a screenshot of Master Bundle prices under Upgrade > Customize

NOW, the price almost doubled on XL, L and M..

yes, there are few more resources now .. BUT the price difference is HUGE!!

watch out when you're clicking guys..

Medium was $1178 now $1626

Large was $1915 now $2864

X-Large was $3403 now $7262

Price increased before the Christmas sales maybe? Well, that's classic.. (I could totally be wrong of course)

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 1:50 AM

what can I say?Crying

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 2:14 AM

mike:
there are few more resources now

I agree that there's been a significant price-hike. But there are a lot of new volumes, not a few. I counted 581 new resources in the Master Bundle, which is one third of the total.

More importantly, remember there's dynamic pricing, so you're getting a discount on what you already own. If the own a lot of the old bundles, and not much of the new bundles, it will make the price rise appear more significant. To take it to its extreme, my price on the old bundles was $0, and now it's shot up to $2,136, a rise of infinite percent!

Posts 28989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 2:20 AM

Mine on the Catholic Studies XL bundle went up to $10.11, also a rise of infinite percent .... they made a sale just because I was curious what they'd added that I didn't have.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 2:46 AM

mike:
becareful!

Even more so since the prices can't even be trusted:

That should, of course, be $0 for the Medium Bundle as well.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1881
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 3:20 AM

fgh,

that's funny that your X-Large price is cheaper than your Medium's.. lol

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 3:27 AM

fgh:

I've got the same problem, on that bundle only. I think the rest are OK.

It's worth nothing that the bundles page (https://www.logos.com/bundles) says that the price includes a 50% discount for Christmas only (normally you only get the 50% discount if you buy a base package, or if you're a Portfolio owner).

Posts 1881
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 3:30 AM

Mark Barnes:

fgh:

I've got the same problem, on that bundle only. I think the rest are OK.

It's worth nothing that the bundles page (https://www.logos.com/bundles) says that the price includes a 50% discount for Christmas only (normally you only get the 50% discount if you buy a base package, or if you're a Portfolio owner).

I knew it!

raising the price before the sales.. smh (despite the added more resources)

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 3:44 AM

Mark Barnes:
I agree that there's been a significant price-hike. But there are a lot of new volumes, not a few.

Indeed:

• Last year's largest OT Bundle: 9 vols.
  • This year's largest OT Bundle: 133 vols.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 389
fgh:

mike:
becareful!

Even more so since the prices can't even be trusted:

I get the same thing on mine.
Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 3:57 AM

mike:

I knew it!

raising the price before the sales.. smh (despite the added more resources)

You've missed the point entirely. This is a sale. It's an introductory 50% off sale. The price will go up later, not down.

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:22 AM

$549 for WBC on day 1 of 12 days of Christmas is pretty high as well, considering I have seen it as low as $399. OK, not every sale needs to be as deep and things go up in price, but wow... glad I already have this.

Posts 1881
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:27 AM

Mark Barnes:

You've missed the point entirely. This is a sale. It's an introductory 50% off sale. The price will go up later, not down.

you're right, but not if someone already has portfolio, which 50% is a daily price. Wink

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 6:06 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
$549 for WBC on day 1 of 12 days of Christmas is pretty high as well, considering I have seen it as low as $399.

I have seen it around $289, though that was 3rd party. Might have been a volume or two less as well. On the other hand, the cheapest I saw was Australian dollars, and they're cheaper in themselves.

mike:
not if someone already has portfolio, which 50% is a daily price

Which raises the question why Portfolio owners get that, but not Capstone owners. Seems like discrimination against Catholics to me.Stick out tongue

Do Portfolio owners also get the other 'Customize' prices at any time?

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 6:43 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

$549 for WBC on day 1 of 12 days of Christmas is pretty high as well, considering I have seen it as low as $399. OK, not every sale needs to be as deep and things go up in price, but wow... glad I already have this.

I thought my dynamic pricing would be lowered as a result of this sale but its the same Sad

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 6:49 AM

Anyone who has an opinion on Modern Catholic Social Teaching: Commentaries and Interpretations? Looks like the only thing I'm missing in the Catholic Bundles.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 6:50 AM

fgh:
Which raises the question why Portfolio owners get that, but not Capstone owners. Seems like discrimination against Catholics to me.Stick out tongue

Because Portfolio is twice the price of Capstone! Pricewise, Capstone is closed to Platinum. Even Diamond is $1,000 more than Capstone, and they don't get the deal.

fgh:
Do Portfolio owners also get the other 'Customize' prices at any time?

No, just the bundles.

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 6:52 AM

fgh:
Anyone who has an opinion on Modern Catholic Social Teaching: Commentaries and Interpretations? Looks like the only thing I'm missing in the Catholic Bundles.

You won't be able to buy it anyway. The Catholic Bundle is limited to US/Canada because it includes the Catechism.

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 7:06 AM

Mark Barnes:
You won't be able to buy it anyway. The Catholic Bundle is limited to US/Canada because it includes the Catechism
Really? That's a shame. There should, at least, be an 'international' version without the Catechism.

However if I remember correctly fgh already owns the Catechism, so she should be OK.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 8:51 AM

Mark Barnes:
Because Portfolio is twice the price of Capstone!

You're right. Smile I've mainly looked at my own prices, so I didn't realize it was that much difference. Still, it is the largest package available to us...Big Smile Doesn't matter much in real life, though, as the bundles are far too Protestant to be interesting.

Mark Barnes:
You won't be able to buy it anyway. The Catholic Bundle is limited to US/Canada because it includes the Catechism.

I already have the Catechism. I had no problem adding it to the cart. I didn't try any further, but if it doesn't work, a sales rep should be able to fix it.

I was wrong about the content, however: there's a Scott Hahn book in there as well that I don't have. I guess that probably settles it.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 4 (78 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS