Logos! Put your money where your mission is

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2302
Beloved | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 4 2013 1:11 PM

Two resources that Logos completely controls the destiny of languish in the lower end of the progress graph. An easy solution to this hapless condition is to make them part of a new base package ("The Kingdom" base package).

What am I talking about? Well, it's the Cascadia Septuagint and Apostolic Fathers Syntax Graphs of course.

https://www.logos.com/product/6618/cascadia-syntax-graphs-of-the-septuagint

and

https://www.logos.com/product/6617/cascadia-syntax-graphs-of-the-apostolic-fathers

And while your at it, produce a resource or resources that discuss the "how to" of producing refined searches with the current offering of products.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2302
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 5:34 AM

bump

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 5:54 AM

Or may be Logos could consider placing them into Community Pricing like it did with some of its other home-produced resources!

Posts 10112
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 7:10 AM

OK, Beloved. I'm admittedly mystified (though I'm not a mystic and the weather will begin misting tomorrow).

Cascadia? Syntax?  Neither of these are near and dear to anyone's pulsing heart. I think in my long years as a forum member (4), I think Rick has been about 'it' for advocating Cascadia.  Sometimes Dave has a comment.

I'm absolutely sure there's excellent reasons you're excited?  I was hoping your thread would get some comments, and then I could ask without looking dumb.  I do periodically use the non-Cascadia syntax resources but Cascadia (Logos) has always seemed a bridge too far?

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 1:19 PM

Related question:

Does anyone have good suggestions or links to reviews, or experience which NT graphic source is the best. Below is my current understanding:

1. Cascadia syntax graphs - most advanced
2. Opentext.org - good, but has errors/incomplete
3. Lexham syntactic Greek NT - basic

For the OT there is only the Andersen-Forbes Phrase marker analysis. I also have WIVU and can see the graphics, but no search

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 2302
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 1:58 PM

Denise:

Cascadia? Syntax?  Neither of these are near and dear to anyone's pulsing heart. I think in my long years as a forum member (4), I think Rick has been about 'it' for advocating Cascadia.  Sometimes Dave has a comment.

I'm absolutely sure there's excellent reasons you're excited?  I was hoping your thread would get some comments, and then I could ask without looking dumb.  I do periodically use the non-Cascadia syntax resources but Cascadia (Logos) has always seemed a bridge too far?

My dear Denise,

I am admittedly a newbie (but in noway intimidated) when it comes to this approach to bible study. The usefulness of this database is first that it supports the facile reporting of reverse interlinears especially its grammatical relationship report.

Secondly, it allows for what is a recent area of scholarship, interpretation which is focused on the relationship of words in sentences and even paragraphs. 

Thirdly, linguistics, discourse analysis and functional grammar are outgrowths of syntax analysis. Having this tool in the hands of those who's facility with the original languages is "pre-Greorgian" I opine will stimulate and support further interest in learning them. Nevertheless, sadly some will both ignore this important tool and others will rather skim the fat and leave the milk, by relying solely on the tool itself. Thanks for your interest I hope you will join me in supporting the leadership of Logos in this area. 

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 2:17 PM

Beloved:
the hands of those who's facility with the original languages is "pre-Greorgian"

What was the state of original language knowledge before the Byzantine Empire took over Georgia—or did they ever?  I know they took over Armenia for a time.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 222
Justin Cofer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 2:33 PM

Beloved:

Two resources that Logos completely controls the destiny of languish in the lower end of the progress graph. An easy solution to this hapless condition is to make them part of a new base package ("The Kingdom" base package).

What am I talking about? Well, it's the Cascadia Septuagint and Apostolic Fathers Syntax Graphs of course.

https://www.logos.com/product/6618/cascadia-syntax-graphs-of-the-septuagint

and

https://www.logos.com/product/6617/cascadia-syntax-graphs-of-the-apostolic-fathers

And while your at it, produce a resource or resources that discuss the "how to" of producing refined searches with the current offering of products.

i use the cascadia syntax graphs for the nt all the time.  I would love to see Logos publish the LXX and AF syntax graphs.

Posts 2302
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 2:34 PM

George Somsel:
What was the state of original language knowledge before the Byzantine Empire took over Georgia—or did they ever?  I know they took over Armenia for a time.

Sorry for mangling your name, the editor is flawed. As for your question; so much to learn so little time to learn it. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS