Is it possible to do a night theme in Logos?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 6 2013 10:30 AM

Hey everybody,

I do most of my research/sermon writing at night. I would love to be able to work with a "night theme" in Logos (like many reader apps, where it makes the background black and the text white, rather than visa versa). I tried using the Win7 High Contrast themes, but this produced white text on white background.

I looked through the Logos settings, and only found light colored resource backgrounds. Perhaps that means this isn't possible yet.

If that's the case, can this idea go to the "suggestion" programmers?

Thanks!

Brian

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:10 AM

Brian Maag:
If that's the case, can this idea go to the "suggestion" programmers?

I know that it has been suggested, but you can always make it again. Use the "suggestions" forum.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:48 AM

Brian Maag:

On Mac it is.Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 12:00 PM

It puzzles me why someone would want this.  I find white text on a dark background difficult to read.  Nevertheless, if you want it, go for it.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 536
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 12:06 PM

Brian Maag:
I would love to be able to work with a "night theme" in Logos (like many reader apps, where it makes the background black and the text white, rather than visa versa). I tried using the Win7

Try this: http://wiki.logos.com/Night_Mode 

Posts 5020
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 12:41 PM

Stick out tongue

fgh:

Brian Maag:

On Mac it is.Smile

You wouldn't get me switching to a MAC for that.

Posts 18669
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 1:44 PM

Rather than setting each app you use to a "night mode" try some software that does night mode for your whole computer. F.lux is one such. It changes the color cast of your screen to a more amber/orange tone which omits the blue light from the spectrum and is more relaxing for the eyes and brain in the evening. Gets you ready to go to sleep at a reasonable time of night. Good for healthy circadian rhythms.

Another thing you can do if F.lux doesn't float your boat is wear blue-blocking glasses.

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 8:29 PM

I'm trying out the F.lux program now. Neat concept - hopefully it will be helpful for the whole family.

Only trick is, come sermon writing time, I hope it makes things easy on the eyes (which it seems to be, and makes Logos look "softer"), but I definitely DON'T want it to lull me to sleep. Otherwise I don't know what kind of sermon will result. :)

Posts 5020
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 8:58 PM

Possibly an incomplete sermon

Brian Maag:

I'm trying out the F.lux program now. Neat concept - hopefully it will be helpful for the whole family.

Only trick is, come sermon writing time, I hope it makes things easy on the eyes (which it seems to be, and makes Logos look "softer"), but I definitely DON'T want it to lull me to sleep. Otherwise I don't know what kind of sermon will result. :)

Posts 1151
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 10:51 PM

Brian, I use night mode for Logos quite a bit! I use a mac and a program called nocturne that I'm not sure is available for windows or not, but here's a good forum discussion on it that has recommendations for both windows and mac: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/53995.aspx

Posts 23
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:48 PM

L.A.:

Brian Maag:
I would love to be able to work with a "night theme" in Logos (like many reader apps, where it makes the background black and the text white, rather than visa versa). I tried using the Win7

Try this: http://wiki.logos.com/Night_Mode 

This worked wonderfully for me:

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 10:02 AM

Rosie Perera:
Rather than setting each app you use to a "night mode" try some software that does night mode for your whole computer. F.lux is one such.

Thanks Rosie. Pretty cool (or, uh, warm). I'm giving it a try.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS