Lifeguide Bible Studies (IVP)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18075
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 7 2013 12:01 AM

A friend of mine just had a book published in this series, and it made me wonder whether Logos carries any of them yet, so that I could suggest you add hers. Lo and behold, I found out you don't have any of them yet. It's high time you add them. They've been a great long-running series, with new titles still coming out. Lots of well-respected authors. Great for small groups to use. And they'd be very helpful to have in Logos format with all the Scripture references easy to follow-up on in the rest of your Library, and with fill-in fields for answers.

Here's the newest one, by my friend:

And here are others in the series:

Posts 3671
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 12:19 AM

Would be nice to see them in Logos.  Have been heavily entrenched in bible software provided by a different vendor for a long time so wonder if there is an exclusive arrangement with them.  But hope not.

Posts 23645
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 12:26 AM

Isn't this a series that was in the old Lesson software?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18075
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 12:42 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
Have been heavily entrenched in bible software provided by a different vendor for a long time so wonder if there is an exclusive arrangement with them.  But hope not.

I did not know that. Turns out you can get ALL the OT and NT volumes of this series (total of 35) from that other vendor for $39.95. I dare Logos to match that price if they ever manage to get the rights for this series. I doubt they would. But I'd still pay perhaps almost twice that much to have these in Logos.

Posts 2594
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 12:48 AM
MJ. Smith:

Yes, and we have been asking its return for a decade

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 18075
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 12:50 AM

DominicM:
MJ. Smith:

Yes, and we have been asking its return for a decade

What was the old "Lesson" software? Was it a Logos thing? It must have been during the era that I wasn't using Logos much, as I've been a Logos owner from before it was even established a company (when Bob and his friend/co-founder Kiernon were just working on this project in their spare time while employed at Microsoft), but I don't remember this.

Posts 23645
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 2:32 AM

LesssonBuilder was a Logos product that Mo was still selling on the side when L4 was released. I think I still have it on a XP machine. Its one of those products that was close to what the market wanted but rather than perfecting it, it was dropped. At least that's my memory of it; Bob likely has a very different version

See http://www.amazon.com/Logos-Lesson-Builder-Bible-Leaders/dp/1577992032

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/28010.aspx

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3671
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 11:20 AM

The other software company had a similar lesson maker product that made it to version 8 but no longer appears to be available. If that's the case it's only a fairly recent demise (last few years).  Handouts were supposed to be the new Lesson Builder On the fly, but failed badly in meeting users needs. 

Posts 1
Marc Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 20 2017 12:01 PM

Hi Rosie,

in which other software is it available? I haven't found it... I really would love to use it digitally. It's sad that it is not available in Logos...

Posts 8303
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 20 2017 3:02 PM

Marc Linden:

Hi Rosie,

in which other software is it available? I haven't found it... I really would love to use it digitally. It's sad that it is not available in Logos...

Marc, these (at least a bundle of them) are available in a competing Bible study software, Wordsearch. Years ago IVP had its own stand-alone program in which some of these titles were available. It is long gone, just as the Logos Lesson Builder software mentioned here is gone.

If you just want the text without the option to fill anything in, there are ways to convert .pfds into MS Word .docx files that can be imported into Logos via the Personal Book Builder tool. (IVP offers .pdfs of at least some of these books.) They would not be tagged (unless you add the tagging in MS Word) so would have limited functionality, but you could read, annotate, and highlight them.

Otherwise it seems Wordsearch is the only other option.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 23 2017 7:13 AM

WORDsearch 11 has a built-in LESSONmaker module.

Posts 23645
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 1:35 AM

Welcome to the forums. The Sermon editor is proving to work decently as a lesson builder in Logos/Verbum for me. I had owned the old Logos Lesson building product.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.