Settings on Bible slides reset for every new slide

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 12
Maurice Boardman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 9 2013 3:11 PM

When building the service presentation, I use several Bible verse displays, using the Add Item/Bible dialog. I check the "show reference on first text slide" and "no transition to this slide" for every verse. These two settings always revert to unchecked when adding a new slide.

Is there a way to make them persist at the last value used?

(Idea). It would be great if I could create and save a user profile for myself with all settings I regularly use. Thanks.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2013 3:21 PM

Hello Maurice,

A good work around here would be to use the 'reuse items' menu within the add item menu. This allows you to add service items that you have previously created, hence creating a bible item that preserves the settings you would like checked.

Posts 2
Morning Star Church | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 14 2013 7:01 PM

Hi Spencer,

I see what you're saying. And I could more easily do it with copy/paste of the first Bible item I create. That will work, but it's about the same effort as checking the boxes on each slide.

It is so nice to hit Ctrl-Shift-B and simply type the reference. Proclaim does a great job of putting focus on the reference field, making it very easy to create a bunch of Bible slides (as I do every week) very quickly. It would still be nice if there was a way to tell Proclaim I always want this set of options for Bible slides, or for Proclaim to automatically use the settings from the last Bible slide created.

Thanks for the workaround. I'll go with that for now.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 15 2013 10:46 AM

Your request started some discussion internally and we've decided to sync additional service item settings (e.g. show Bible version) as a user preference. This should streamline things at creation time and allow for stylistic differences between group members. Thanks for the suggestion!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS