BUG: Free MacBook Pro entry form not working

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 10 2013 8:08 AM

I tried using both FireFox and I.E. 10 to enter the free giveaway posted on the Logos Blog. Clicking the Enter Now! button produces no response in either browser. Has anyone else been successful today or is the widget broken?

EDIT: I've tried it a number of times, rebooted and tried again. Dumped my browser history and cache. Still not responding.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2013 8:31 AM

Mark that is really annoying - that competition is great.... shame those of us not in the USA can't enter :(

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2013 12:29 PM

Bump!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2013 12:56 PM

It doesn't work in Chrome either.

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2013 1:07 PM

Thank you for reporting this issue.  I've created a case and sent it on to the folks in charge for them to look into this issue.

Thanks,
Mike

Posts 10259
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2013 2:03 PM

Paul Gisbourne:

Mark that is really annoying - that competition is great.... shame those of us not in the USA can't enter :(

I wonder why. The official rules talk about residents of the US states and then continues:

Non-US residents over the age of 18 may enter unless expressly prohibited by local regulations and law. 

Which clearly means any adult anywhere where the sweepstake is not illegal. Why then would the winner need to fill a W-9 form ? The purpose of this can only be for Logos / its partners to report the winner to the IRS and to include the winner's tax ID (normally the SSN). The form works only for US-persons (which are US citizens and "resident aliens"), but "non-resident aliens" such as Logos' international customers may probably get a tax ID and inform the IRS on other forms. Why treat winning a sweepstake as taxable income in the firstplace? Very curious...

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS