WIVU Constituency Trees not visible

Page 2 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 66 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 2:06 PM

Mike W:
For me the scan command works more reliably on the mac version than it did on the windows versionParty!!!

Except there is at least one open bug report of an older resource type that cannot be scanned into a library on the Mac, but it can on Windows. And no news on a fix from Logos yet.

Posts 911
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 6:39 PM

Thanks but unlike my Windows machine, this doesn't find the WIVU Constituency trees on the mac.

Posts 9822
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 12:41 AM

Do you have all the files?

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 911
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 3:36 AM

NB.Mick:

I don't know where my files are located on the mac.

Interestingly I created a shortcut for this on Win and it replicated to mac, but when I try to open it on the mac I get this message attached.

Never mind, I can use it on Win. It's not as if I can search it. Only look at it.

Posts 3076
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 4:00 AM

I saw this thread and looked into my library, I am missing at least 5 other titles under the WIVU listing- is this something that happened under L5?

I have the CD's so hopefully can get this reinstalled, I also noticed the additional files are not listed on the FTP site.

Posts 9822
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 4:08 AM

David Knoll:

NB.Mick:

I don't know where my files are located on the mac.

?? If you want to scan them, you need to point the scan command to the right location

David Knoll:

Interestingly I created a shortcut for this on Win and it replicated to mac, but when I try to open it on the mac I get this message attached.

I think this message will be generated regardless of the real licence if you never had the file. At least I imagine it's the same as if you build a PB on the PC and make a link to it and try to open it on the Mac - and scanning the right file will heal it. 

You'll see a list of possible files further up in the thread in my screenshot.

Posts 1499
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 6:37 AM

NB.Mick:

No idea which of the six files really are needed (and none of them calls itself wivucgraphs), but commanding L5 to "Scan c:\scan" and restarting it did the trick - now there's a WIVU-morph tagged BHS and the Constituency Tree clause visualization ressource in my library: 

Are you able to run a Syntax Search against the Constituency Tree clause resource?

Posts 9822
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 7:26 AM

Fr Devin Roza:

NB.Mick:

No idea which of the six files really are needed (and none of them calls itself wivucgraphs), but commanding L5 to "Scan c:\scan" and restarting it did the trick - now there's a WIVU-morph tagged BHS and the Constituency Tree clause visualization ressource in my library: 

Are you able to run a Syntax Search against the Constituency Tree clause resource?

I'm not able to use Syntax Search anywhere, but that's not a limitation of Logos..... Wink That said, AFAIK what Hans (AJ) wrote in his post in 2013 in this thread is still true & there's no WIVU syntax search yet.

Posts 1499
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 7:41 AM

Thanks NB! (I was looking for the rolling on the floor laughing out loud smiley, but I think they forgot to include that one.) 

Posts 9930
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 8:01 AM

To further 'stir the pot', I was curious if the Logos app (iOS) would bring up WIVU.  It lists both resources in the app library listing.  The trees won't load (not surprised).  But the morphology resource will load/display.  

The morph popups match the Libronix resource; so there's some value, absent the trees/syntax-search.

Posts 9930
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 8:59 AM

While I was looking at the app version, I also re-tested the WIVU trees resource in Logos5.  Earlier it had been molassas'y and so I hadn't linked it with my large layout.

The load is still molassas'y (adding a new tab), or moving a tab in a window.

However, it now links well and I have it perminently linked.  On a window with 34 linked OT resources and four cited-by panels, WIVU re-paints right along with everyone else.  It's quite impressive programming by Logos.

Posts 3076
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 10:47 AM

Strange checked my SESB cd's - could not find those resource files, I also own the GBS bundle- was this a later add on?

Posts 536
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 3:24 PM

David Knoll:

... unlike my Windows machine, this doesn't find the WIVU Constituency trees on the mac.

Hi David, I think your problem is not a sync or scan but a licensing problem. You should talk with the customer support. Last year I had the same issue. On Win the trees were visible on Mac not. After revising my license the existing files were updated and are working "fine" ("molassy" as Denise stated).

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 8:56 AM

Denise:
I was curious if the Logos app (iOS) would bring up WIVU.  It lists both resources in the app library listing.

I too can see the Trees in the iPad Library. But not on Mac.

And this is odd:

One of those files is actually older on my computer than on the ftp site. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 17 2015 3:38 AM

I wonder whether they ever plan to deliver what we've paid for...

Posts 9

Sometimes someone from Faithlife comes and says something quite oblique about WIVU-Constituency Tree problem, among other issues, and I recalled this word from Jeremiah: “The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved” (Jer 8.20).

So disappointed after many summers.

Posts 9930
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 8:12 AM

Tarcizio, that was one of the best comments I've read in a while!  Usually George has the keepers.

I supect the issue is that Logos has a long list of undelivered promises, most along the lines of tagging. So the issues keep stacking up with each new undelivered, and then the question is customers per undelivered.  Richter is similar.

Posts 9

Totally agree, Denise. Down here in Brazil I am used to cope with cell companies and cable TVs changing their packages (fine new names) almost every year... and they insist we can have a great deal if we switch to...

I don't want to be unfair. Logos is a great product, and the proof is that we are here complaining! However, I am really considering new ideas.

Posts 3076
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 3:16 AM

Does anyone have the files for the "trees"-  I ran my CD's still can't get them up! Called tech support- it was the only suggestion they had as well they do not have the files separated, because product is no longer available- I have a license just no file.

Can anyone help here?

Posts 9930
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 7:23 AM

Whyndell, that's curious.  The vaunted Logos protection of books didn't last long, nor did I expect it.  Ergo Libby.

That's oddness 1. Oddness 2 is that they were working on WIVUtrees just last December, looking at the files. And the Logos converted version was during Logos5. 

Regarding sending, the file is 57meg. In theory, you want all 4; the other 3 are not too big. So, I assume some off-Logos transfer is needed?

Page 2 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS