BUG in the bible picker (1.20.0.0006)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 12 2013 1:36 AM

Running Windows 8.1

Bible picker in the "Bible item" and "On-Screen Bible item" only finds 25 bibles in the drop down list. I think they are the free ones.

None of my swedish bibles is showing up and neither most of the others.

(If i type "type:bible" in Logos 5 library viewer I got 263)

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2013 2:11 AM

Hi Ebbe

I can confirm what you are seeing.

There was a similar problem reported at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/77474.aspx which was fixed - but it looks as though the problem might have returned. I have asked Logos - in the other thread - to look at this again

Graham 

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2013 8:22 AM

Thank You!

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2013 10:03 AM

Thanks for the report. Investigating now. 

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 12:53 AM

Hi Scott

Scott Alexander (Logos):

I've upgraded to 1.20.0.0008 (as per the link you referenced) but the problem seems to persist.

I can see 93 Bibles in my account on Biblia but only have access to 25 from within Proclaim (from a Bible slide)

Examples of ones I can see in Biblia but not in Proclaim include:

• Common English Bible
  • Douay-Rheims Bible
  • God's Word Translation
  • NA27
  • New International Reader's Version

Any idea what is going on?

Graham 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 8:47 AM

Hi Graham, have you tried searching for those Bibles? We only show 25 at a time by default but searching (e.g. NA27) should change the set of 25. If that still doesn't work for you I can investigate further.

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 9:10 AM

Hi Scott

Scott Alexander (Logos):
We only show 25 at a time by default

Sorry I wasn't aware of that.

Scott Alexander (Logos):
searching (e.g. NA27) should change the set of 25

This did work and enabled me to find the NA27.

Thanks for that.

One thought - it looks as though the order in which the Bible translations were returned tracked my Logos 5 prioritization settings from 1-10 but then stopped and returned a set of different Bibles which weren't in my list.

Is this the case and - if so - could this behaviour be changed so that it goes down the entire list until either taking into account all the prioritised Bibles or returning 25 whichever happens first?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 11:41 AM

Graham Criddle:
One thought - it looks as though the order in which the Bible translations were returned tracked my Logos 5 prioritization settings from 1-10 but then stopped and returned a set of different Bibles which weren't in my list.

Hello Graham, looks like we have a bug that is limiting the resource prioritization to 10 Bibles. We'll get a fix (server side) out for that shortly. Thanks for the feedback.

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 12:40 PM

Hi Scott

Scott Alexander (Logos):
Hello Graham, looks like we have a bug that is limiting the resource prioritization to 10 Bibles. We'll get a fix (server side) out for that shortly. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for looking into it and working on addressing the problem.

Graham 

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:28 PM

This should be fixed. Please let us know if you continue to not see your resource priorities being respected in Proclaim.

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 2:03 PM

Hi Thomas

Thomas Beirne:

This should be fixed. Please let us know if you continue to not see your resource priorities being respected in Proclaim.

Thanks for this - it looks to be fixedSmile

Expect I saw something strange.

In Proclaim I see

In the Library I see:

As you can see the Luther Bibel appears in Proclaim but not in the Logos library.

I assume this appears due to me setting this as my preferred Bible in the iOS Bible! app when troubleshooting a problem for another user (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/79032/552997.aspx#552997). I have since reset the preferred Bible to NRSV but it looks as though Proclaim is picking it up somewhere.

Not a big issue but thought it worth mentioning!

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS