Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1847
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 12 2009 5:04 PM

We'd like to understand you better. Please take a look at our new Logos User Survey and answer as many questions as you feel comfortable answering. The more data you share with us, the better we are able to offer the products and services that you want. If you want to stop and come back later to finish the survey, it'll pick up right where you left off.

Thanks!

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2009 9:07 PM

Phil Gons:
The more data you share with us, the better we are able to offer the products and services that you want.

Well, I did the survey and it asked just one question: "Do you have Kindle ebook reader?" I answered *no* and that was the end of the survey. Is that how it should work? Was that the only matter of your survey? That was the shortest one I ever had Smile

God bless you

Bohuslav

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2009 9:33 PM

No matter what I said on the survey, pay no attention.  I'll be 39 on my next birthday.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Devil

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2009 9:05 AM

Just think, when Google Wave launches this year they could ask that simple question here!

all about Christ,
David

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 3672
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2009 3:05 PM

Mine was a bit longer - it asked for age, length of time I have been using Logos, what my role in the church was, etc.  Most of these were designed to find out about me - rather than the software.  I did also see your question.

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2009 6:41 PM

Just took it! Mine was quick (about 8 questions). It did ask the kindle question. I answered yes since I have Kindle on my iPhone. Hope that's what you were looking for.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2009 2:46 PM

Apparently you're only interested in knowing me better if I have a kindle. 

I have a blackberry, why would I want a kindle?

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2009 3:04 PM

Almost the same here. I have an iPhone running the Kindle software, so I'm well set.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2009 9:32 PM

Nathan Parker:
Almost the same here. I have an iPhone running the Kindle software, so I'm well set.

I have an iPhone but I do not see any way to have kindle software in it. Perheps it is just for the USA. I use other ebook reader software but there is no way how to get books into it. Kindle would be great since mail costs for paper books is really big.

Bohuslav

Posts 3
David R Bueso | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2009 10:25 AM

Concerning the Kindle, I think that it is great that Logos is looking into this, and in fact should already have an option. I travel constantly, and whipping out my notebook for reading inside an airplane or bus is not a very comfortable situation (is the seat in front of you reclined, is your laptop charged, do you have a water bottle beside you, etc.). I would like to have many of my library books on the Kindle so that I could read them with much greater practicality. Even better - synch the notes you make on the Kindle to Logos.  I believe it would enable us to read and study in many more situations.

Is there an option or plan to make the library available on the Kindle also?

Blessings,

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2009 11:00 AM

Oy vey!  How do so many have the money to be buying a Kindle?  That is almost the first section of Patrologia Graece.  Well, I suppose it's a matter of what is more important to each.  <Sigh ! > The resources are more important.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5
Chris Brooks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2009 7:45 AM

It asked if we have a Kindle. It should have asked if we plan on purchasing one.

And having LLS material on a Kindle would be a HUGE benefit.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2009 7:49 AM

There must be more Kindle users than Linux users that want Logos.

Posts 3
David R Bueso | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2009 12:03 PM

In all fairness, there are several e-book readers (Sony, Foxit, CoolReader, etc.).  Kindle simply seems to be gaining popularity.  The point is that having our library available on a portable reader would add value to our studying and reading.

Even today, some people consider my investment in Logos pretty hefty, but I do believe that God is accelerating our learning and opening His delicious secrets through tools like these.  We will soon see these e-book devices as "standard", and we can use these for His Kingdom.

It would be great to get a jump start from Logos, and allow us to leverage our investment Smile.  Logos already has the library in digital formats, wich already gives them a jump start to convert to e-books.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS