Review of James EEC and an "announcement"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 30
williamvarner | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:38 AM

I have been told that Logos will be issuing in the new year the first printed volume in the EEC series, the commentary on James. Here is a review of the commentary posted today on the blog Pyromanicas. http://bit.ly/1jf0caO 

Posts 10744
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 17 2013 12:41 PM

williamvarner:

I have been told that Logos will be issuing in the new year the first printed volume in the EEC series, the commentary on James. Here is a review of the commentary posted today on the blog Pyromanicas. http://bit.ly/1jf0caO 

Haven't read the review, but I really like your work here. This has become my go-to commentary on James—even ahead of Moo, Davids, and Ross (the old NICNT). Thank you very much.

Posts 496
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 17 2013 12:53 PM

I think I responded to another message, but I too would express my appreciation for your work. I found it quite useful when I recently preached through James. I'm glad that it will be in print and thus available to a larger audience (even though they should really buy LOGOS :-) ).

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 17 2013 12:54 PM

Thanks for the link.

And thank you even more for the commentary. Excellent work.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 30
williamvarner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 17 2013 2:03 PM

Thanks to all for your kind words. My editor, Andrew Pitts, pushed me to make it better.

Posts 2844
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:02 PM

Getting the EEC in printed volumes is so important for the series to be taken seriously outside the Logos community.  So this is good news.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 9301
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 4:56 AM

Michael Childs:

Getting the EEC in printed volumes is so important for the series to be taken seriously outside the Logos community.  So this is good news.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2004
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 5:42 AM

This is good news.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS