Lesson Builder

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 40
Alberta | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 18 2013 8:51 AM

just wondering:  whatever happened to the Lesson Builder program? I have an old one for PC.  I have a stack of old CDs and DVDs from the mid nineties onward, Logos stuff which was first on PC but now I'm on Mac.  Any suggestions as to what to do with them - Libronix stuff and so on.  

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 9:32 AM

Those old cd's make great Frisbees... just sayin'.... Wink

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 9:36 AM

BillS:

Those old cd's make great Frisbees... just sayin'.... Wink

They also make good Christmas Tree ornaments. 

I find them hard to catch when using them as a frisbee.

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 9:43 AM

I like Tom's idea, better...

That said, I find I do miss Lesson Builder... was sorry to see it go.

I also miss the Bible Atlas... wonder if something similar to Timeline could be used to create a new "Atlas"?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 40
Alberta | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 10:25 AM

guess that means i can just toss them, hahahaha.  good.  thanks ya'll - 

Posts 40
Alberta | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 7:01 AM

ok - one more, I guess I would say odd question: how the heck do you enter these contests Logos promotes - evidently there is something this hot head is missing.  For example, I got a post from Logos this morning about the Christmas giveaway, but no instruction as to how to enter.  

Makes me feel dumb which I'm not. I'm guessing it has something to do with (gag me) social media.

Posts 6586
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 7:17 AM

BillS:
That said, I find I do miss Lesson Builder... was sorry to see it go.

I thought PBB replaced it. I can create a field to enter text. What else was there in Lesson builder that is missing?

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 40
Alberta | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 8:18 AM

Hmmm - I haven't worked into that yet.  Lesson Builder was so easy!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 9:17 AM

Alberta:
I have a stack of old CDs and DVDs from the mid nineties onward, Logos stuff which was first on PC but now I'm on Mac.  Any suggestions as to what to do with them - Libronix stuff and so on.

I can think of a couple reasons to hold on to the CDs (or at least their install codes.)

Keeping a working copy of Libronix on a cheap XP laptop might be a lifesaver when you lose internet access or Logos 5  decides to index at an inopportune time. You can keep Lesson Builder and Bible Atlas on the same machine. You can even take the laptop to your cabin in rural Montana. 

Another way the CDs may prove useful is when a resource is updated to Logos 5 (and Mac) you will get credit for your PC only license. (If you are like many of us who started our Logos account under a different email.)

If you have already tossed them, don't worry. you probably will never miss them. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 9:53 AM

is there anyway to download a copy of our licenses like it was with libronix?

I know it's all on the cloud now, but I'd hate for Logos to have some huge tech glitch and the licenses associated with our account is messed up along with purchase history.

Posts 40
Alberta | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 10:45 AM

yes, pretty much what I was thinking in the first place .. me tossing them was more of a pun than an intention.  

Posts 40
Alberta | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 10:46 AM

somebody please enlighten me re these contests Sad

Posts 7215
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 10:54 AM

Alberta:

somebody please enlighten me re these contests Sad

You're not gonna win anyway, so don't worry about it...LOL.

I remember one time in the Spanish department, some guy won something and he had the same last name as one of the workers there and everybody was thinking that in such contests it's usually the brother, cousin or some friend of Logos that wins the prices...LOL...Oh well, I won't stress over that, I never win anyway and only on a few occasions has logos posted the actual winners and the winners never say anything for some reason.  I'd be screaming at the 4 winds if I won something from my favorite Bible software.

DAL

Posts 40
Alberta | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 1:02 PM

krikey - all I want for Christmas is a simple how to enter lesson - I'm probably not even going to, although a Mac with the Logos logo is tempting.  Actually, I'm tired of Christmas, am something of a Grinch and into Hebrew roots and all that - Aramaic and all - what else is a HS drop out to do who got saved in her sleep?

Merry Christmas and all that then ……...

Posts 40
Alberta | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 1:03 PM

me too

Posts 40
Alberta | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 1:04 PM

haha at myself - woke up with a spiritual PhD   haha

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS