Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 18 2013 12:56 PM

5.2a Beta 1 (5.2.1.0019) is available for download. 

To update to 5.2a Beta 1, enter the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before. If you currently have a stable version installed (such as 5.2 SR-3) and do not want to receive future beta updates, install from the download links on this thread. If you want to receive future beta updates, enter the Set Update Channel to Beta command to download Beta 1.

Release Notes

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 2704
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:16 PM

refresh, refresh, no update yet LOL

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:19 PM

Installed update. Logos started indexing some files. It then found a new update (22K or so). Downloaded that and restarted. Logos then crashed with application not responding dialog. Logs below:

2577.Logos Log Files.zip

After restarting from the crash, Logos is now doing a first time index. That happens a lot lately. Sad Despite the fact that there have been some great additions lately.

Posts 22732
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:29 PM

Randy W. Sims:
Installed update. Logos started indexing some files. It then found a new update (22K or so). Downloaded that and restarted. Logos then crashed with application not responding dialog.

i got the new update - seems to be the Word Senses database - but didn't get a crash.

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:31 PM

Nice! Looking forward to checking out the new Library features but might have to wait until Beta 2 or 3 as I don't have time to deal with potential crashes right now.

This one line got my hopes up:

"When adding tags to resources, common tags will now be suggested as you type. Existing user tags will be in bold."

Does it imply that a bigger revamp of the tagging functionality is in progress? Would really love to see this suggestion see the light of day:

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-5/suggestions/564609-provide-management-of-mytags

It's been a Top 10 UserVoice suggestion for quite a while.

Posts 2704
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:33 PM

downloading, yes the excitement

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:51 PM

Graham Criddle:

Randy W. Sims:
Installed update. Logos started indexing some files. It then found a new update (22K or so). Downloaded that and restarted. Logos then crashed with application not responding dialog.

i got the new update - seems to be the Word Senses database - but didn't get a crash.

Crash is strange. I don't know what initiated a drag drop. Maybe a random click while the system was busy was interpreted as a drag drop event? More worried about the reindexing. It's happened a lot since I installed Verbum beside Logos. I don't know if that's the cause-it shouldn't be as they are completely separate installs. But that's about the time I started seeing all the reindexing.

System responsiveness seems to have gone down in this release. Even though the indexer is running at LOW priority my system is dragging bad. I once ran a reindex of both Verbum & Logos on the same system and it wasn't dragging as bad as it is now reindexing just Logos.

Posts 10729
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:55 PM

Downloaded, like the multi-level sort in the Library, but detest the new font.

Changes to default font, font size, or line spacing have no effect on the Library display.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 2:04 PM

Jack Caviness:

Downloaded, like the multi-level sort in the Library, but detest the new font.

I don't see a new font in the library, but the text is a lighter gray then I remember and it's hard on my eyes because the contrast is so poor. Please make the library font blacker.

(I'm on Windows)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 2:38 PM

I agree with what others have said about the new library font. It needs to be darker and less "fuzzy"

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 2:53 PM

Fredc:

I agree with what others have said about the new library font. It needs to be darker and less "fuzzy"

I wished the font used by the program could be user customized.  If I were to choose, I would vote for Source Sans Pro.

David

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 3:04 PM

Fredc:

+1

You'll see how light-grey the library font is when you check out a resource that's audio enabled and has the black speaker symbol.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 3:06 PM

David Bailey:

I wished the font used by the program could be user customized.  If I were to choose, I would vote for Source Sans Pro.

David

It does not affect the panels (library, search, documents, guides, etc.) but resource fonts can be customized. I'm not sure I need to option to choose the font associated with the tools and panels.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 3:09 PM

Randy W. Sims:
Installed update. Logos started indexing some files. It then found a new update (22K or so). Downloaded that and restarted. Logos then crashed with application not responding dialog. Logs below:

I've created a case for this crash to be investigated. 

Todd Phillips:
the text is a lighter gray then I remember and it's hard on my eyes because the contrast is so poor. Please make the library font blacker.

I'll make a case to see if we can adjust the font in the new Library.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 521
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 3:47 PM

Haven't run it through all of its paces yet but I have already experienced the "endless sync" syndrome. Logs attached.

4667.LogosLogs.rcdeacon.20131218-184101.zip

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 6:56 PM

Dylan Rondeau:

Logos 5 application has 5.2a Beta 1 available.  Curious about Verbum ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25660
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 8:58 PM

Todd Phillips:
I don't see a new font in the library, but the text is a lighter gray then I remember

There is no difference for me and it appears the same as other non-resource panels e.g. Collections, Program Settings

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4732
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 1:40 AM

Dylan Rondeau:

To update to 5.2a Beta 1, enter the Update Now

My system is reporting 'No updates available'?

Off to download via the link.

Posts 10729
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 2:59 AM

Sorry you are still having trouble. The errors in your logs are beyond my limited deciphering abilities. If one of the more knowledgable users in this thread do not respond to your post soon, you might start a new thread in the Bata forum. Yours may get lost in the diverse thoughts in this thread.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS