Logos: Steve Ray Collection PrePub and Verbum+

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2768
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:51 PM

fgh:

The prepub is $25, the shipped bundle is $30, and John is the larger book, so presumably it will be around $20, or even more, individually. Which would pretty much obliterate the discount for getting one book through Verbum+. 

Sorry, but in that case I'm not buying. I'll wait for L6 and hope it's included then.

So we might save $5 by waiting.  The John book has things I want now so I will buy.  [Saved much on capstone plus to pay the extra]

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 8:42 PM

You might save $5 or so by waiting for them to break it up (which Andrew said they'd do "right after it ships"). If it gets included in L6, you'd save pretty much the whole price. Books in Capstone are only about $2 each.

But only you can decide if it's worth waiting.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 297
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 2 2014 3:56 AM

I don't need St. John's Gospel right now.  Unless I can get a pre pub discount, I'm just going to cancel my entire order and Logos can loose a purchase from me.  Like "fgh," I'll just wait and see if I can get it at a discount later.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 3:21 PM

Steve:

Let's wait and see what the price is.  Who knows.

I see that the collection is now in publication.  Although it is not broken up, I do get dynamic pricing for the remaining volume ... $15.46.

What do you think?

Smile

Posts 5576
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 10 2014 1:24 AM

Steve:

Steve:

Let's wait and see what the price is.  Who knows.

I see that the collection is now in publication.  Although it is not broken up, I do get dynamic pricing for the remaining volume ... $15.46.

What do you think?

Smile

I thought it was a good price and purchased it.

Posts 2768
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 10 2014 5:20 AM

fgh:

You might save $5 or so by waiting for them to break it up (which Andrew said they'd do "right after it ships"). If it gets included in L6, you'd save pretty much the whole price. Books in Capstone are only about $2 each.

But only you can decide if it's worth waiting.

Your advise is always good.  Have just received the Book on John. Have read the section that 'caught my eye'.  For me it was worth not waiting.

Thanks.

Posts 297
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 10 2014 6:21 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

[I thought it was a good price and purchased it.

That's not an unreasonable price.  I may do the same.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 10 2014 9:54 PM

Steve:

Although it is not broken up, I do get dynamic pricing for the remaining volume ... $15.46.

What do you think?

I'm glad they changed their mind and decided on dynamic pricing instead of breaking it up. That explains the better price.

Though I think I'll still wait for a sale or for L6. Or perhaps I'll ask a sales rep to quote me a price if I need  it. For the moment I've got quite enough to read, and this is going to be a very expensive Logos year, with Fathers of the Church and several other expensive prepubs.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 11 2014 5:19 AM

fgh:

... this is going to be a very expensive Logos year, with Fathers of the Church and several other expensive prepubs.

I agree.  I'm thinking about setting up a separate saving account so that I can put some away each payday for the Fathers of the Church.  I guess I should have been doing that all along.  This one is going to be worth having but require a personal sacrifice in some other areas to acquire.

Smile.

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 11 2014 5:27 AM
What is the logos4 filename for "St. John’s Gospel: A Bible Study Guide and Commentary"?
Posts 11639
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 11 2014 5:40 AM

Martin Grainger Dean:
What is the logos4 filename for "St. John’s Gospel: A Bible Study Guide and Commentary"?

LLS:STJHNSGSPLRY

link

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 11 2014 6:42 AM
Thank you, NB.Mick. Appreciated, Martin.
Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS