Random Highlights (Mac, Switch Active Windows To Logos)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 19 2013 2:35 PM

This is an odd one.

When working with Logos, all is well.  I switch to another program window (where L5 is not behind the active program window), then switch back to Logos.  Suddenly every word of the open Bible is highlighted.  When I scroll up and down, all other text is highlighted as well.  The only way to get it to go away is to close L5 and reopen.

This only happens with Scripture.  I have not noticed a correlation with the version of the Bible that is open.  I have noticed it always happens with my "Doctrines Of Grace" highlight, but I'm fairly certain that is a coincidence.  ;-)

Ideas?

Steve

Posts 28728
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 3:43 PM
Do you mean to say that a highlight note was created?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 4:32 PM

No... a highlight is not created, but it appears that all text has been highlighted.

If I close L5 and reopen to the exact same spot, there is no highlighting in this section.

Steve

Posts 28728
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 5:06 PM

Can you tell us about your computer? OS? Pointing device? Can you post some before & after screen shots?

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 6:33 PM

Macbook Pro Retina Display running the latest OSX.

Below are two screenshots.  One is the normal text, the other is the "highlighted" text that I did not highlight.  The highlights go away if I close and reopen L5.

After the above screenshot, I jumped to my browser to read email.  When I cam back, I was presented with the following:

Posts 28728
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 6:46 PM

Wow. What version of Logos? Did you switch passages or were the screen shots taken in different sessions?

It might help (a techie) to see Logs. Can you enable and post them? See my signature line. You will want to enable logging with logos closed, recreate the problem, then use the "sample" button in the helper app. 

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 7:34 PM

I did not change anything.  All I did was Cmd-TAB to go to my browser window, read a few emails, then Cmd-TAB to return to Logos.  I never closed the laptop.  It did not go to sleep.  The time elapsed was maybe five minutes from screen-shot one to screen-shot two.  Nothing is up my sleeves ;-)

I will try to create a log in the morning.

Steve

Posts 28728
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 7:53 PM

Steve Brannon:

I did not change anything.  All I did was Cmd-TAB to go to my browser window, read a few emails, then Cmd-TAB to return to Logos.  

For clarification: the first screen shot shows 2 Thess 1. The second screen shot shows Eph 5 + an added search tab. Are you saying that you didn't change passages and open the search tab?

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 8:32 AM

That is odd.  I do not recall changing passages between the two screenshots.

I will pay more attention and try to ensure I change nothing when I create the log file.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS