Logos and Verbum

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Joe Kaczmarek | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 20 2013 5:24 AM

I have both the Logos and Verbum libraries. Are these separate software installs, or are all of the Verbum capabilities surfaced because Logos 5 is installed and I have added and downloaded the Verbum content? In other words, if I already have Logos 5 installed, do I need to also install Verbum?

Posts 287
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 6:58 AM

I believe the answer is no:  you can set Logos to Verbum mode.  I, however, have installed Verbum and removed Logos.  I understand that, while the two are presently identical, the two programs may diverge at some future time in some unknown way.

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 10:40 AM

Having both installed is fine, but eats up a lot of space if you have a large collection because all resources are duplicated on your system (they don't share resource files). I currently only have Verbum installed (if i had an extra 25GB of HD space i might leave both installed, and put Verbum to Beta knowing that if a beta version broke things very badly so it didn't work I always had Logos to fall back on).

-Dan

Posts 27495
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:59 PM

Dan Francis:
and put Verbum to Beta knowing that if a beta version broke things very badly so it didn't work I always had Logos to fall back on).

We almost think alike ... I put Logos to beta so I'd have Verbum to fall back onBig Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 21 2013 6:07 AM

MJ. Smith:

Dan Francis:
and put Verbum to Beta knowing that if a beta version broke things very badly so it didn't work I always had Logos to fall back on).

We almost think alike ... I put Logos to beta so I'd have Verbum to fall back onBig Smile

Logos has 5.2a Beta 1 that does not have a corresponding Verbum Beta so currently have Logos set to beta channel with Verbum set to stable.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS