How to copy a passage list ...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33484
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 21 2013 10:28 PM

what I want to copy is the abbreviated references as they appear in the Passage list without links or verse text. Is it possible?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5860
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 21 2013 10:54 PM

MJ. Smith:

what I want to copy is the abbreviated references as they appear in the Passage list without links or verse text. Is it possible?

I am not aware of a way to do it with Logos 5.  In compact mode when right click and choose select all and then right click and choose copy (or CTRL-A, C)  and pate it, it copy's the verse text as well as the text reference to the clipboard.   

My workaround is a little app that sits in the notification area of my windows taskbar.  It is called ABBYY Screenshot reader

http://www.abbyy.com.au/screenshot_reader.

In the passage list, I the invoke ABBYY Screeenshot reader and select the area of the screen I want to 'copy'.  It converts the selection into text on my clipboard ( if you want it can convert the selection into an image).  I now have just the verses selected in the clipboard and can add them to a new passage list, note file, word document etc.

Price is very good and it is one of those utilities that you can find many use for so well worth the small investment.

Posts 33484
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 21 2013 11:35 PM

Thanks - I've consistently heard good things about ABBYY - I was just hoping Logos did it directly ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 21 2013 11:54 PM

MJ. Smith:

Here's a work around that works for PLs that don't have any headings (although it gives full references, not abbreviated ones):

1. Export the PL to Word.
  2. Select the left-hand column of the resulting table, and copy to clipboard.
  3. Paste as plain text.
  4. Use Find/Replace to replace carriage returns with commas, if you wish.
Posts 5860
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2013 3:03 AM

Yes it would be nice if Logos did it.  Mark's suggestion works well if you want a solution that is free.  Personally I think the utility is worth it as it saves a few steps, and works with any application.  

MJ. Smith:

Thanks - I've consistently heard good things about ABBYY - I was just hoping Logos did it directly ...

Posts 5860
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2013 3:03 AM

Yes it would be nice if Logos did it.  Mark's suggestion works well if you want a solution that is free.  Personally I think the utility is worth it as it saves a few steps, and works with any application.  

MJ. Smith:

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2013 11:16 AM

This may not be the easiest solution and there may be some better ones suggested above but here is one way to do it.

Set the list to compact mode, print/export it to word,  do a replace all of  "^p" with ",", copy and paste the text into the CBV and create a style based off the ShortPassageRef tag.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS