Where did the Catholics go?

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 48
John Besse | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 23 2013 6:37 AM

Have the Catholics left us or did we seperate them on the forums?

Posts 29268
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 6:43 AM

I hope you are not trying to be offensive... Are you? "The Catholics" haven't gone anywhere.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 48
John Besse | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 6:54 AM

Really not meaning to offend. ... No Catholic listing in main forum lists or is my eyesight and mobile phone betraying me? 

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 6:55 AM

What do you mean? I believe there are more Catholics here than there ever has been.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 6:56 AM

John Besse:

Really not meaning to offend. ... No Catholic listing in main forum lists or is my eyesight and mobile phone betraying me? 

There has never been a separate listing for our RC sisters and brothers. 

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 7:01 AM

Interesting observaton. If one hadn't been familiar with the forums development in Logos, you would assume it's pretty much a protestant operation (i.e. forums for each of the major protestant groups).  'Orthodox'  these days is kind of generic.  And 'Verbum' has meaning only if you know latin.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 7:07 AM

Denise:
 And 'Verbum' has meaning only if you know latin

We really need a Verbum specific forum. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 7:13 AM

Denise:
forums for each of the major protestant groups

I think Jack may disagree with you. He does represent a more major group than the SDA after all.Big Smile

Super.Tramp:

Indeed!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9561
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 7:14 AM

Super.Tramp:

Denise:

Yes, I think it is time for this.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 7:15 AM

Super.Tramp:

Denise:

Ditto verbatum

Posts 1033
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 7:32 AM

John Besse:

The rapture?

Posts 11649
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 7:34 AM

Mike Pettit:

John Besse:

The rapture?

Big Smile

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 7:40 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Super.Tramp:

Denise:

Yes, I think it is time for this.

Ec 3.1–8

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 1101
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:10 AM

I don't think we need to all be on a different forum for faith group to be represented.

I thought the forum was for general Logos based questions, not faith specific.

If we did all have separate forums I think we would have a lot of work looking at all of them to get an answer.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 9561
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:27 AM

Lee Garrison:

I don't think we need to all be on a different forum for faith group to be represented.

If we did all have separate forums I think we would have a lot of work looking at all of them to get an answer.

The suggestion of having a separate forum is not because of faith issues but software ones as Verbum is structured differently.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:39 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Lee Garrison:

The suggestion of having a separate forum is not because of faith issues but software ones as Verbum is structured differently.

And some resources are going to be used by one group more than another group, and these separate forums helps with that. 

Posts 1101
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:40 AM

Ahh ok I understand Bruce Thank You

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:44 AM

Lee Garrison:

I know "forum" and "forums" are used interchangeably many times. I was resorting to the dictionary usage where the singular is a subset of the plural. We already have a forum dedicated to Libronix, another to Logos 4, and yet another to Logos 5. It seems only fitting to have one dedicated to Verbum.

This would not mean Verbum would be located on a separate website. At least not the way I view it.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:54 AM

Super.Tramp:

Lee Garrison:

I know "forum" and "forums" are used interchangeably many times. I was resorting to the dictionary usage where the singular is a subset of the plural. We already have a forum dedicated to Libronix, another to Logos 4, and yet another to Logos 5. It seems only fitting to have one dedicated to Verbum.

This would not mean Verbum would be located on a separate website. At least not the way I view it.

And there is one dedicated for Noet, FSB, Vysro, Proclain, ...  It only makes sense to have one for Verbum.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:59 AM

For those that may have missed previous discussions, this has come up before from a couple different viewpoints, products and software.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/74155/517734.aspx#517734

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/74098/517345.aspx#517345

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS