Please help me to get rid of these attacks.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3207
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:38 AM

When I ever I open Logos forums these ugly advertisements show up on my computer,the browse I am using is Chrome.I need your help to dismiss and get completely get rid of them. They just dance on the forums' site and let me do nothing.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 25351
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:43 AM

Hi Tes

Tes:
When I ever I open Logos forums these ugly advertisements show up on my computer

Can you post a screenshot showing these ads?

I get a small ad at the bottom of the screen - as below - but it doesn't really get in my way

Graham

Posts 3207
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:47 AM

Hi Graham, I have forgotten to send the screenshot ,but now I have sent it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:58 AM

Tes, it looks like you got some malware (a trojan horse you must have inadvertently clicked on at some point). I see from your screenshot it's called Webexp Enhanced.

I Googled that and found that it appears you can simply uninstall that program via the Control Panel. Try that, and I hope it goes away. Here's a video showing how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qCciT8ljFc

Posts 25351
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:59 AM

Tes:

Hi Graham, I have forgotten to send the screenshot ,but now I have sent it.

Thanks Tes - looks very annoying!

• Do you get these ads on either sites or just the Logos ones?
  • I wonder whether these are generated by your service provider?
  • Have you looked at getting any ad blocker software installed? (I haven't so can't advise on what would be helpful.)

Graham

EDIT: Or Rosie's suggestion looks much more helpfulSmile

Posts 42
JOSHUA DAVIS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:02 AM

Tes -

Do you have AdBlock downloaded from the Chrome Web Store?  If not, then that would be my first suggestion.  The link below should take you directly to AdBlock in the Chrome Web Store.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/adblock?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

Edit: Rosie had a great suggestion as well.

Posts 31
Andrew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 12:02 PM

Josh and Rosie both have good suggestions and I recommend both. As a separate note, if it is malware its removal will possibly disrupt your Internet protocol and you'll lose internet from that computer. This doesn't happen a lot, but wanted to give you a friendly heads up to make sure you have another way to access the internet if this is the case. Malware Bytes is a good program to use for removing malware.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 12:26 PM

I have had good success detecting and eliminating malware with this free program http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 2:42 PM

And in the future be careful about clicking anything that offers you free anything, especially offers to speed up your computer, clean up your registry, and stuff like that. It's often malware tricking you into clicking. Go with trusted software only.

Posts 3207
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:39 PM

Thank you all of you your advice and help. I could not find the name of the advertsement on control panel, I have installed the free program mentioned by Fredc ,it is now scanning a lot of infected objects are now been detected up to now I am waiting the result an aware where to click at the end..

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:52 PM

Tes, you should also check in Chrome Settings to see if there are any unwanted extensions that got installed without your permission. You might be able to uninstall it there.

Posts 33837
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:44 PM

Fredc:

I have also been pleased with this program

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3207
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 24 2013 1:40 AM

Thank you all for the Christmas gift. Now everything is gone and clean. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 24 2013 1:54 AM

Rosie Perera:
And in the future be careful about clicking anything that offers you free anything

A friend of mine said the other day, "If the product's free, you're the product" and with software and apps that is generally the case. 

EDIT: Before someone points it out, there are some notable exceptions to this rule in the Open Source community (and some contributors to these forums). 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 24 2013 2:07 AM

GregW:
A friend of mine said the other day, "If the product's free, you're the product" and with software and apps that is generally the case.

Yup, that's definitely the case with Facebook.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS