Any hope of Beta 2 coming today?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:09 AM

I'm guessing it will be released next week, but with the crippling of the notes features, and the crashing in the notes, I'm limping along.  

I know beta users are taking a risk using the betas... Smile

But still, any idea when the next beta will ship?  Thanks in advance!

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:19 AM

I'm not sure when the next beta is planned but I'm happy to help by checking on the status of your issues. Which crippling/crashing bugs in notes are you referring to? Is there a forum thread about them already?

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:26 AM

Thanks Alan. I believe they've already been discussed (I don't have a link to the discussion at hand).  But the right click option to add a note to a verse or selected text is missing.  Also I've had numerous crashes when editing notes (which I think was also reported too.)

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:40 AM

Jeromy: I believe the missing context menu item you're referring to is here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/79085.aspx

This bug has been fixed internally and will ship in the next beta (I'm not aware of the beta schedule and a lot of people are out of the office this week to be with their families for Christmas).

I could not find a forum thread referring to a crash in notes. Perhaps you would be so kind as to provide repro steps so we can try to get these issues resolved in the next beta as well?

Posts 10845
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 12:25 PM

The crashes I have reported are mostly with the Library.

Also, there is a problem with parallel resources BUG: 5.2a Beta 1 Mac Parallel resources drop down not populating In that thread, Tom reported that it was another manifestation of the missing note documents in the right click menu, so I suppose that will also be fixed in beta 2. Like I said earlier, Beta testing is more fun than a sharp stick in the eye Geeked

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 1:36 PM

Alan Palmer (Logos):
a lot of people are out of the office this week

Alan, do you happen to have someone around who could take a look at Logos and Apple's Fusion Drive and see if you have something to add?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 2:12 PM

Please don't derail the discussion by linking out to unrelated threads.

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 7 2014 2:44 PM

Any update on a Beta 2 ETA?  Pretty please? Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS