Logos 5 Crash on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 7
Steve McKenzie | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 30 2013 11:40 AM

After upgrading to Logos 5 I am unable to use the software. As soon as I insert a passage and the hit go the process begins but then crashes. I've attached my log using "Logos Logging Utility." Can somebody please help!

6518.LogosLogs.Stephen.20131230-143821.zip

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 11:56 AM

Did you grab these logs AFTER the crash but BEFORE you restarted? If not, please repost logs. Allow Logos to crash, grab the logs, then upload them before you restart.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10483
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 11:58 AM

Steve

I am not 100% sure of this diagnosis, but the last thing read in your log prior to the error was /Users/Stephen/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/cz8f7of5.v3x/WebCache/CacheData.db 

You might try moving this file to the desktop and restarting Logos. The User Library folder is hidden by default, but you can access it from the Finder's Go menu by holding down the Option key while clicking on Go.

UPDATE: Noticed that Bama posted while I was typing. He knows more about this than I, so you might want to listen to him Geeked

Posts 24711
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 1:00 PM

From the error logs there are  errors originating in the Word by Word section of a Guide (Exegetical Guide probably), and the likely culprit is the ResourceManager.db. Delete its folder /Users/Stephen/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/cz8f7of5.v3x/ResourceManager/ and restart Logos. It will take a while for the database to be rebuilt.

EDIT. I goofed, as you should only remove the 2x files with ResourceManager.db in their names.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 1:56 PM

Jack Caviness:
UPDATE: Noticed that Bama posted while I was typing. He knows more about this than I, so you might want to listen to him Geeked

And Dave knows more than both of us combined. Listen to him. Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24711
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:16 PM

Dave Hooton:
EDIT. I goofed, as you should only remove the 2x files with ResourceManager.db in their names.

Steve,

Have you recovered Logos despite my initial advice?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS