indexing problem

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Garry R Wilt | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 3 2014 6:02 AM

Whenever I use Search, I get this message:  Some search results may be missing or incorrect while your library is being indexed.

For some reason it appears that my system is not finishing the indexing problem.  It has been this way for over a week.

I also noticed that each morning when I log in it appears it is trying to do an update, but does not update my system.  My latest update is 5.2.0.0052

Is there a way to "manually" install an update?

Posts 3
Garry R Wilt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2014 8:30 AM

I spent a few hours today reading some of the posts and experimenting with some items...and if anyone else gets this problem and you find the "Update Now" is not working either, the quickest fix is to reinstall Logos 5.

Posts 25400
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:14 PM

Garry R Wilt:
Is there a way to "manually" install an update?

FYI using the web installation link is faster than re-installing as it performs an update on a current/working installation.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 11
Michael Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 15 2014 4:21 PM
Dear Logos,   I have been a user of Logos products for the last 20 years or so. The program has been a terrific aid in many research projects.   But you have a serious problem--one that I frankly believe you can resolve.   The search engine has become totally worthless and until that problem is fixed, I will not be purchasing any more products from you. Plain and simple.   Why does this problem exist?   Your files are always updating the indexing the entire database. For people like myself, who have super large databases, this is a continuous problem.   This problem happens every single day.   Your program is useless. If the word eventually gets out, more people will stop using your programs altogether.   Instead of improving the product, you have made it inferior in every conceivable way. If anyone has a solution, please send them to ...    
Posts 25400
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 15 2014 9:27 PM

Michael,

I do sympathise with your issue, one that has been debated extensively elsewhere  - which would have been a better place to add your comments, give relevant details of your installation, etc so that we can have a proper perspective of your situation. Probable solutions are presented in that thread.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS