Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 142
David Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 5:51 PM

Hey Alan, I would suggest to look into getting a newer iPad as soon as you are able. 3 years in iPad years is a very long time. That is the unfortunately reality of our brave new technology driven world. :(  If you upgrade your user experience and performance will increase dramatically.

I was using the original iPad until recently and I refused to give it up because it was working fine. But I finally did it and boy, I wish I had done it sooner!

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 2:27 PM

Crying

I would love to upgrade but alas funds do not permit.

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 2:50 PM

Alan Macgregor:
I would love to upgrade but alas funds do not permit.

I understand. I have a newer device, but otherwise am currently in the same boat. 

One thing to consider (if it helps): I was able to sell my first gen device and purchase a refurbished 3rd gen directly from Apple. By doing the two things, I was able to scrimp up enough at the time. I am hoping that I will be able to do the same in the not-too-distant future with an iPad Air.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 3:50 PM

Alan Macgregor:

Kevin

I do hope that you manage to sort out the app for iOS 5 before you drop those of us who have the temerity to expect a device to be still operating when it is 3 years old!! That's the time that I've had my iPad - only 8 months after its first launch.

I would hate to be stuck with an app that wouldn't work properly (it crashes on take off about four times out of ten. The rest of the time it hangs for ages before it gets beyond the splash screen display.) If the next Logos iOS app doesn't run on iOS 5 properly then my goose is well and truly cooked!

Surely Logos wouldn't do this to us!?

Alan,

We intend to leave iOS 5.x customers in a good spot where the app is as stable as possible before dropping support.  

That said, 3 years for a mobile device is very long time (the iPad 1 turns 4 in April).  iOS 5.1 was discontinued more than 18 months ago...  Unfortunately time marches on and in order for us to best support the vast majority of customers it's inevitable that support for older devices will be dropped.  Nearly 90% of our Apple mobile customers run iOS 7 variants and only 3.6% (and dropping fast) run iOS 5 variants.

We have made substantial fixes for iOS in the recently submitted apps (which should release later this week) and might still have additional fixes to make the apps more stable on iOS 5.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 2:30 PM

Kevin Byford:
We intend to leave iOS 5.x customers in a good spot where the app is as stable as possible before dropping support.

Kevin

Thanks for that reassurance. I trust Logos to do the right thing! Big Smile

I use my iPad every Sunday for leading worship and preaching. Using Dropbox I move my sermon mind-map and my Order of Service on to my iPad from my iMac. I use Logos app for scripture reading.

Yes, I would love to get the iPad Air, but HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs - roughly equivalent to your IRS) only do 4-year write-downs of electronic equipment for tax purposes. So, I need to get at least another year out of my iPad Original before I can contemplate replacement. Sad

Now if it got broken … Devil

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS