NT commentary I LOVE

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 116
Paolo russo | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 4 2014 3:04 AM

Sorry, I cannot wait anymore to tell to anyone who doesnt have (I got gold package last month) this commentary Holman NT Commentary ( https://www.logos.com/product/3409/holman-new-testament-commentary ) that it is awesome.

i'm so happy to use it, that I feel I should tell. Hope you can enjoy too.

ie I'm studying Romans 6-8 and it gets like in the picture attached. 

Posts 116
Paolo russo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 3:30 AM

And just for this question, it worths the price:

Is there a sin which continually defeats me? Am I focusing more on the law against that sin than I am on Christ

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 5:18 AM

Thank you!  I forgot about that resource...and actually needed this to teach this week!  I am not new to Logos, but I am finally learning how to organize my resources, so I forget what I have and love.  I am now making layouts, collections, etc., and should add this one!

Enjoy!  Isn't it exciting when we find a resource we love!

Blessings for a happy new year!

Cynthia

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 116
Paolo russo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 5:26 AM

Cool! So happy to hear that!

I enjoed so much tihs resource, that I couldnt wait and blogged in italian my lesson for tomorrow on my http://sedio.it 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 6:55 AM

Peace, Dear Brother!         *smile*                      Thanks so much for your sharing with you Forum Community Brothers and Sisters!                           Indeed!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 5:22 PM

Nice NT series good for applications.  I got it with my Silver Upgrade a while ago.  I had Gold but down graded.  I have to think about it really hard to upgrade again and I may do so, maybe for my bday.  The reason I downgraded is because Exegetical Summaries was a little bit of a turn off because of the format; e.g. This commentary believes this along with these other 4, except for commentary X or BDAG defines this word as X where as others do it differently type of format/thing.  Other than that, I find the other resources helpful, especially the TDNT 10 Vols.  I may upgrade for that particular resource alone, but I'm sure I will use the others "Unlocking the Scriptures for You," NT Wright and others.  After that, I may just customize by completing series like BECNT (may do so in March), PNTC and maybe (if finances allow) the coveted NICOT/NT sets along with the Nelson's Reference Bundle which includes the WBC.  I'm planning to save as much as I can this year, plus I'll be moving to a cheaper place once my lease is over, so that should help build my library.  I'll be doing part time preaching (hopefully) this year (start next month - hopefully) and I should be able to also add a mini book budget.  We'll see, I don't want to bite on more than I can chew, as it has backfired on me in the past (with no dire consequenses thank God).  But anyway...enough said.

Dio vi benedica! Buona sera, fratello! 

DAL

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:15 PM

Thanks for sharing the joy of a helpful study aid.  It has also blessed others through your recommendation. 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 142
David Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 8:22 PM

Yes, I like the Holman NT series too. Very nice. I also like the NIV application Commentary.

Posts 506
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 8:58 PM

I am also grateful for this set - I have used it often.  I would recommend it to anyone who does not yet have it.

Thanks for posting about this, Paolo.   

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 9:52 PM

I also enjoy this commentary. Those who don't already have these volumes should keep in mind that it is present in base package Silver and above! Smile

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:27 AM

Thanks for your recommendation, Paolo. I've not really used this resource, but am taking a closer look at it now!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS