Pre order: (ASOR) The Biblical Archaeologist/Near Eastern Archaeology

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 8 2014 7:48 PM

I am delighted to let everybody know that the Pre order for the journals above is now active. https://www.logos.com/product/38021/biblical-archaeologist-near-eastern-archaeology

And to Logos, please include ALL of the cover art!!! :) Let's get this out everybody. Bruce, my repsonse to your question about Bible and Spade journal is on your old thread as well. Cheers

Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 7:55 PM

I have no idea what this resource is... If you want others to discover it, you should put a link to it in your thread... After all, the whole point of the thread is to get people to pre-order, right? Wink

You can edit your post and add a link in. You will have to add a space after the link to make it active.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:07 PM
I originally added a link, but my computer has crashed six times while trying to create the post, and erased it entirely. I posted from my phone. Here's hoping I can add the link without it crashing mid way through! My phone is is no shape to copy and paste links. I managed to add a link. It crashed right after again so here I am typing this on my phone. Next purchase is a great laptop and phablet!! This computer issue is creating double posts now.
Posts 2025
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:10 PM

Here is the link.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2025
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:13 PM

I would be interested to know if those of us who already own the 60 volumes of Biblical Archaeologist will get a discount?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:19 PM
Joseph Turner:

I would be interested to know if those of us who already own the 60 volumes of Biblical Archaeologist will get a discount?

I guess it would depend if they are the first 60 issues. If so, I would suspect that you would get a discount for the last 6 volumes. This set is missing the first 54 volumes of The Biblical Archaeologist. I suspect Logos will get the other 54 issues for those of us who did not get them via Libronix.
Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:21 PM
Joseph Turner:

I guess it would depend if they are the first 60 issues. If so, I would suspect that you would get a discount for the last 6 volumes. This set is missing the first 54 volumes of The Biblical Archaeologist. I suspect Logos will get the other 54 issues for those of us who did not get them via Libronix.
Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:23 PM

Joseph Turner:

I don't know anything about this journal or its history with Logos. Was it previously published by a third party? If so, my guess is that you would receive a dynamic pricing discount for the resources you already own, but ONLY after the product has been released... but that is only a guess.

Bob has discussed the issue of third party resources recently. See THIS thread.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:30 PM
This is the premiere scholarly journal on near eastern archaeology, and it is a true peer reviewed journal. Academic in every sense, but still readable. Though maybe not as readable as BAR.
Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 9:11 PM

This is great day!  I am very glad to see this journal come to Logos! Big Smile

Posts 693
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 1:46 AM

Good spot - I never would have as this is not "tagged" as a Journal Type in the website

This is second one of these I have spotted in the week!

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=%22Biblical+Archaeologist%22+middle

the link will show you what I mean - no Resource Type of "journal" on the left hand side

Shalom Kevin

Posts 2025
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 5:13 AM

Matthew Langlois:
Joseph Turner:

alabama24:

I don't know anything about this journal or its history with Logos. Was it previously published by a third party? If so, my guess is that you would receive a dynamic pricing discount for the resources you already own, but ONLY after the product has been released... but that is only a guess.

Bob has discussed the issue of third party resources recently. See THIS thread.

I purchased it originally with The Ultimate Archaeology Collection.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 6:07 AM

Joseph Turner:

I suspect you're speaking of print editions so the answer would be "No."  I assume you own a AV (KJV) print bible.  Do you expect they would give a discount for that?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2025
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 9:33 AM

George Somsel:

Joseph Turner:

I suspect you're speaking of print editions so the answer would be "No."  I assume you own a AV (KJV) print bible.  Do you expect they would give a discount for that?

No George, I mean the Logos versions that I have in my library.  The ones in the link that you obviously did not follow, but thanks for giving us a perfect example of why one shouldn't assume.  I still love you though.Big Smile

They go to volume 60.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 10:06 AM

Joseph Turner:

Unless they put it in the product description, don't count on it!  Many of us have over half the volumes in the Charles Hodge Collection but will have to pay $80 for the Community Pricing rate. I guess when we ask "Why do I have to pay twice for this?" Logos cam answer, "Ypi don't have to buy it in CP."

It is entirely possible dynamic pricing will be added after it ships. But the price will go up when it ships.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 10:15 AM

Matthew Langlois:
And to Logos, please include ALL of the cover art!!! :)

It all depends on who owns the copyright to the photos used on the covers. The Christian History and Biography magazine was not able to grant Logos permission to use some photos in their magazines.

What we really should be asking is if all the photos and diagrams will be included or if it is just the text. (Note: I have not read the product description.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2025
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 11:21 AM

Super.Tramp:

Joseph Turner:

Unless they put it in the product description, don't count on it!  Many of us have over half the volumes in the Charles Hodge Collection but will have to pay $80 for the Community Pricing rate. I guess when we ask "Why do I have to pay twice for this?" Logos cam answer, "Ypi don't have to buy it in CP."

It is entirely possible dynamic pricing will be added after it ships. But the price will go up when it ships.

You are probably correct, and I would probably pay less on Pre-Pub than with a dynamically calculated discount on the full price, but it still bothers me that those who own some of the titles will pay the same as those who own none of them.  That is still paying for the same resources twice.  Your situation with Hodge is the same deal. 

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 11:58 AM

Matthew Langlois:
This set is missing the first 54 volumes of The Biblical Archaeologist. I suspect Logos will get the other 54 issues for those of us who did not get them via Libronix.

------>http://community.logos.com/forums/t/79558.aspx

Michael Grigoni:

I agree. We'd love to be able to offer the entire history of the journal. We decided to start with our current offering to gauge customer response. In other words, all of you will collectively determine whether it makes sense to offer the remaining volumes. Smile

YesYesCool

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 2:04 PM

Joseph Turner:

No George, I mean the Logos versions that I have in my library.  The ones in the link that you obviously did not follow, but thanks for giving us a perfect example of why one shouldn't assume.  I still love you though.Big Smile

I don't see that in the Logos catalogue and the link you gave isn't to Logos.  Is that a discontinued product?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 2:19 PM

I too bought them from Logos. The are Logos editions. I have Volumes 1-60 of the Biblical Archaeologist. And the prepub price for me is $139.95. So is that dynamic pricing or am I purchasing it twice?

Charlene

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS