Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 11306
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2014 10:43 AM

Bev ... I think they're specific to iOS7 (flipping the panel up with your finger).  I'm on an older iPad mini and see the same panel.

But, not to disagree with the OP per se, but I suspect (and don't know) that Kindle's inability to quickly switch screens between apps, is due to its non-standard screen handling.  When I'm reading a Bible related book and have to switch to another app to make notes, coming back is a pain.

If Logos had to do the same, then I'd vote for the present approach, but allow the setting to be different from the iOS setting (instead of automatically moving up just after the user moved it down).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2014 11:33 AM

Thank you, but I already tried that. Do I need to change something in Settings? Thanks again.

I did find this, but my Settings are showing Green.

You can quickly and easily access the control panel, or Control Centre as it's officially know, by sliding up from the bottom of your iPad or iPhone's display. From here, whether your iPhone is locked or unlocked, you can turn on/off Airplane more, WiFi, Bluetooth or Do Not Disturb.

Additionally, the Control Centre gives you access to brightness controls, music controls, the new torch feature, the timer, calculator and camera. You can also turn on or off screen rotation.

HP Laptop Win 7 | iPad 4 | iPhone 6 | L5 Platinum | Galaxy Mega 6.3

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2014 12:01 PM

I googled it (see below in case someone else has this problem) and found out it is my iPad case that is preventing it from appearing.

I had trouble accessing the control center on my IPad 2 while swiping up from the bottom. After several attempts, I found that if I swiped up from the home button brought it up. I have a portfolio case which overs part of the bezel. If the bezel was not covered up, you can swipe from ANYWHERE on the bezel. Now I know.

HP Laptop Win 7 | iPad 4 | iPhone 6 | L5 Platinum | Galaxy Mega 6.3

Posts 11306
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2014 12:05 PM

Thanks, Bev for that little tidbit.  I have the opposite problem where swiping up and art drawing get mixed up all across the bezel.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2014 8:43 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

One resource has much better tagging than the other?

Where's the Like button on this forum?! :)

We'll take extra screen dimming as a feature request and look into it.

Posts 1215
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 9:34 AM

Awesome! Thanks Dave!

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 12:24 PM

Todd Phillips:
What the Kindle brightness control does is twofold, first it lowers the backlight brightness (like you can on the iOS panel), then, when the backlight is at the lowest, it starts to lower the individual pixel values (so that white becomes grey, sepia becomes brown, etc), effectively making it seem much darker and easier on the eyes than what is accomplished with only setting the backlight to the minimum.

Just to update this description:  The Kindle app brightness control doesn't affect the system back-light brightness at all any more.  (I believe that it used to, but has changed in recent updates).  It only affects the text brightness via pixel values.  This change was probably made since the iOS brightness control is easier to access than it used to be.  I think the Logos app should work the same way for this reason.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1
Karim Ismail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 8:51 AM

If you find the minimum brightness still too bright for NIGHTTIME reading - Apple has finally added a screen filter in ios 8.  Typically android offered a way to reduce the minimum brightness via apps when the screen was still too bright for nighttime reading even when set to zero - but now you can enable this in ios:

1) go to settings, general, accessibility - zoom  2) enable zoom 3) tap 3 fingers on the screen to bring up zoom options 4) choose:  choose filter - low light  5) go back to settings , general, accessibility, zoom - choose zoom region: change to full screen 6) turn zoom off 7) go to settings, general , accessibility 8) set the last option - accessibility shortcut:  zoom Now when you push your home button 3x quickly it will dim the entire screen for nighttime reading.
Posts 28679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 10:12 AM

Thanks Karim... and welcome to the forums. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1215
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 25 2014 10:52 AM

Karim Ismail:
Apple has finally added a screen filter in ios 8.

Great news! Thanks Karim!

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS