How Do You Search Specific Chapter in Book?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 595
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 20 2014 11:22 AM

Is there a way to search only a certain chapter(s) in a book?

For example, in A Biblical Theology of the New Testament, I want to search only chapter 2, "A Theology of Mark."

For the moment, I can do this by noting that chapter 2 starts on page 64 and ends on 87, but it'd be nice to not have to sort through the rest of the search results.

I see that it is possible to search only a chapter in the Bible.

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2014 11:31 AM

It's not possible, I'm afraid. You can sort by Book, which will also ensure that search results will be shown in page order - so it's easier to find results from a particular chapter.

Posts 595
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2014 11:32 AM

Thanks Mark. A necessary feature for Logos 6 IMHO.

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2014 12:32 PM

You can also sort the results by "Title" which will help you see quickly which chapter the results are from. 

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2014 3:43 PM

Ted Weis:

I agree.

Posts 595
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 21 2014 12:46 PM

Example: I'm exploring how the Gospel of Mark portrays Jesus' disciples. If I search in a New Testament biblical theology book, hits would show up for "disciple" in numerous places--in the book's chapters on Matthew, Luke, and John. But with the ability to search only certain chapters of a book, like "Theology of Mark," one could discover much faster that Mark often portrays the disciples as failing to understand Jesus or carry out his commands.

Posts 5091
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 21 2014 2:09 PM

Mark Barnes:

Ted Weis:

I agree.

this would be useful, but would in not require a new level of milestone tagging to be added to resources - chapter milestones - to get such a feature to work with all resources that would be a massive task and create a backlash n from users about having to download all resources again.  We can limit searches in bibles to chapters because the chapter milestones exist.  Can anyone see any other way to make this work without retagging all resources.  Searching in just headings or for authors within in journals is hit and miss depending upon tagging of resources.  Would we settle for a hit and miss approach with only some resources outside of bibles being searchable by chapters and others not?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS