Synchronising Tags

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 22 2014 1:09 PM

I have three laptops on which I run Logos 5 and have just begun using tags for the first time.  However, they don't seem to be sync-ing across the 3 laptops.  They are retained on the laptop on which I created them, but aren't appearing on the other two.  All 3 are running the latest updates to Logos 5.2.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

Is it relevant that I created the tags on a laptop running Windows 7 and the other two laptops run Windows 8.1?

Thanks

Posts 22224
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2014 1:36 PM

Hi John

John McKay:
Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

Quick check - do you have "Use Internet" set to "Yes" in Program Settings?

Do you get any indications of sync errors? Should appear as a yellow triangle (I think) overlaying the sync indicator to the left of the "Layouts" dropdown

John McKay:
Is it relevant that I created the tags on a laptop running Windows 7 and the other two laptops run Windows 8.1?

That shouldn't be affecting anything

Graham

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2014 2:10 PM

Yes, Graham.  Using the Internet and other sync-ing occurs (eg opens the last used layout). No errors - hovering over the sync says 'synchronization is enabled and all items are up to date'.

Hope that helps

John

Posts 25206
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2014 2:21 PM

Do all three machines use the same Logos account?

If they do it would be instructive to see the LogosError.log from the machine with the tags, and from another machine (in \Documents\Logos Log Files). Upload using the paper-clip icon.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2014 3:22 PM

Yes, Dave, they do use the same account.

Hope the upload works!  This one is from the one with tags.  I'll send the other in a different post

50855.LogosError.log

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2014 3:27 PM

Dave, Here's the log from the laptop without the tags:

3652.LogosError.log

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

John McKay:

Hope the upload works!  This one is from the one with tags.  I'll send the other in a different post

This log contains a number of strange errors, such as "Request: CONNECT http://127.0.0.1:49190/ (status BadGateway".

It appears as though your computer is configured to go through a local proxy server for (some) web requests. This is rather unusual; do you know if this was set up deliberately? If not, it could potentially be a symptom of malware on your PC. (Or, it could be an anti-malware program that's set up in this way to try to scan all web traffic; techniques used by malware and anti-malware can be rather similar...)

The log doesn't appear to show any sync errors; however, it is very short and it's possible that the previous log file was archived. Do you have a LogosError-2.log file on that system? (Or similar, I don't recall exactly what the older file will be named.)

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2014 9:49 PM

Thanks, Bradley

I don't have a local proxy server, and I'm fairly sure I don't have any mal-ware.  Could be an anti-malware program, though each of the laptops has different programs and I've now ascertained that there is no sinc-ing of tags irrespective of which laptop initiates it.  Layouts and tabs are sync-ing perfectly every time across all three laptops.

I don't have any recent earlier log files that I can find, but I've attached the error file from the third of the three laptops.

3113.LogosError.log

Maybe some of this info may help?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS