Interlinear button missing with BHS

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Danyen | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 23 2014 6:35 PM

I searched the forums a bit, but couldn't find a solution to my problem. I'm hoping you all can help. 

I am using Logos 4 on a PC. 

When using BHS AFAT, the interlinear button is no longer there. I can see and use the interlinear button on my English Bibles. But, with my Hebrew Bibles I no longer have the 'display' button or interlinear button. Instead, there is a 'parallel resource sets' button. 

Can someone please instruct me on how to restore this?

TIA for your time. 

Posts 10124
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2014 9:32 PM

Not to offend, but are you sure concerning the same text?

The 'original' in Libronix was a text-only affair with a popup listing the various AFAT categories.

If indeed there was a later interlinear erased (probably by George), it'd have been a doozy (4-5 lines) ... and highly valuable.

Hope you're right.

Posts 6
Danyen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2014 10:39 PM

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I am not easily offended Geeked

My question wasn't very clear. When using BHS in Logos 4 I no longer have a button to bring up an interlinear, or the 'display' dropdown. I checked AFAT as well (which I never use), but it did not have the button either. What did I do to make this disappear? How can I restore this function?

Posts 24851
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2014 11:27 PM

daniel somboonsiri:
. When using BHS in Logos 4 I no longer have a button to bring up an interlinear, or the 'display' dropdown. I checked AFAT as well (which I never use), but it did not have the button either. What did I do to make this disappear?

None of these bibles (BHS/AFAT) have an Interlinear ribbon at the bottom, hence NO interlinear button. You are confusing them with Reverse Interlinear bibles (ESV, NIV etc), even though BHS 4.2 Westminster has a Display button (BHS/WIVU does not).

Note that the latest BHW 4.18 Westminster supercedes the BHS 4.2 and also has a Display button.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 6
Danyen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:21 AM

Thanks for the replies, 

I don't know why I thought BHS did have an interlinear. I use BHS several times a week. I got so busy trying to find the interlinear for BHS I convinced myself I had used it for yearsSmile

I appreciate the help. 

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 24 2014 10:10 AM

Dave Hooton:
Note that the latest BHW 4.18 Westminster supercedes the BHS 4.2 and also has a Display button.

Lest anyone misunderstand, the Display button in 4.18 (and I seem to recall in 4.2 as well) doesn't control any interlinear display but rather the qere/ketib display.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 24 2014 10:17 AM

Denise:
If indeed there was a later interlinear erased (probably by George),

O wad some Power the giftie gie me
To let others see what I desire.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 433
Vincent Setterholm | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 24 2014 10:23 AM

Daniel, check if you have the resource LHI - Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear.

Posts 10124
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 24 2014 10:24 AM

Well, look on the bright side.  The SESB-WIVU had no interlinear view.  But BHS4.0 did.  'Reconstructed' (suggesting an earlier de-constructing). 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS