Upgrading Version 2 Scholar edition to Windows Vista

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9
James Cutter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:20 PM

I used to run Version 2 Scholar's Edition on a Windows XP machine. I never upgraded to Version 3 because Version 2 did everything I wanted at the time. I upgraded to a Windows Vista machine last year and now I want to load my Logos software once again. However, it apparently does not work on Windows Vista. What do I need to do to get the program to work under Vista and then upgrade to Version 4? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 9:26 PM

James click on this link, and follow the instructions: http://www.logos.com/support/downloads/ldls

It would be really easy if you already have Libronix 2.1c installed on your Vista machine. If you do then follow the instructions to download the Libronix 3.0g (I think).

After you get everything successfully install, go to account management and sync your licenses. To begain the Logos 4 upgrade purchase process, do this-->Login to the Logos product page and look at the uprgrade discounts tailored to your particular licensesed resource package (if I recall correctly).

Hope this is helpful...

Posts 9
James Cutter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 10:07 AM

Anthony,

Thanks for your response. This allowed me to install Libronix 3.0g on my Vista machine. When I went to the upgrade page, they tell me the price is $472.46 to update the Scholar's Edition. I don't really feel like paying that much money to simply access the books I have already purchased. Do you know if there is a way to upgrade to the Logos 4 software and just use it to access the books I already own?

Thanks,

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 11:51 AM

That doesn't sound right for a simple upgrade.  I think I'd talk to Customer Service before you make any cash commitment.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 1943
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 12:08 PM

You should be able to do an "engine only" upgrade, but because this is an upgrade from Series X (2.0), I would strongly suggest you speak to Logos sales to make sure that they steer you through this properly.

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 12:48 PM

I'm thinking you should be able to upgrade just the engine, for free or minimally 70 dollars.

Of course like Alex and Donovan said, shoot a call into Logos support...for official clarity.

Posts 1
Robert Broussard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 10:01 PM

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the help.

I tried upgrading just the engine and it did not work the first time I tried to run it. However, after several tries, it finally recognized my library so I can now access my original library.

I am very excited to have this program working again!

Jim

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS