Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 27 2009 7:11 AM

Church was canceled due to snow, so I lingered over v3 a little longer today. (I still use v3 for the Prayer Lists and Notes)

The Home page shows the correct day but has the year displayed as 2010!

Anyone else?

if we meet and you forget me,

you have lost nothing.

But if you meet Jesus and forget Him,

you have lost everything.

Posts 8
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 9:39 AM

Mine shows the same 2010 ?

William J Tjaarda Sr.

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 11:17 AM

Mine shows 2010 as well!

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 11:20 AM

Does it say what the Christmas special is for next year???

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 2:02 PM

We have some snow down but it is just above freezing here today and raining !! Storm

My L3  3.0g is happily showing December 27, 2009

This suggests that either your computer date is a little ahead of itself, perhaps due to an inappropriate sync with somebody else's internet clock,

ELSE it may be due to your local temperature being the low side of freezing and giving you snow........ 

What date is your L4 showing ?

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 2:24 PM

My 3.0g also displays the wrong year....but no hint as to any Christmas special. All other indicators (L4, DS Clock, etc.) show the proper year.

"Fascinating," remarked Spock.

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 2:46 PM

This is a well known feature of L3 at this time of the year (depending on your timezone). Just wait until the new year ....

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 3:34 PM

Mine also says 2010 .

Time flies when you are having fun!

David, you must not be having fun in the freezing rainy weather.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 3:35 PM

Which timezones exhibit this phenomenon Dave ?
Computer

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 11:21 PM

David J. Wilson:

Which timezones exhibit this phenomenon Dave ?

Not yours!  Mine (Australia) shows 2010.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 12:02 AM

Mine has 2010 too. If I reset the Windows clock date to anywhere from Dec 27-31 in 2009 (or Dec 28-31 in 2008, Dec 30-31 in 2007, Dec 31 in 2006; Dec 26-31 in 2010; Dec 25-31 in 2011, etc.), L3 computes the year wrong.

David J. Wilson:

My L3  3.0g is happily showing December 27, 2009

This suggests that either your computer date is a little ahead of itself, perhaps due to an inappropriate sync with somebody else's internet clock,

Odd. Did you try it again on a later date in December and see if it's still working fine?

It's interesting, but it's a moot point. The bug is not present in L4, and I don't think they're going to be fixing bugs in 3.0 anymore. They'll still support the old engine by giving tech support for user questions, and making sure the books they ship work in it, as long as 4.0 isn't fully up to snuff, but that's as far as such support goes. I don't think there are any plans whatsoever for any further work on the 3.0 code base. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 2:27 PM

Rosie Perera:
I don't think there are any plans whatsoever for any further work on the 3.0 code base. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"as long as 4.0 isn't fully up to snuff" there is every reason to believe that major issues (like an IE9) will attract some attention!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:35 AM

Dave Hooton:

Rosie Perera:
I don't think there are any plans whatsoever for any further work on the 3.0 code base. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"as long as 4.0 isn't fully up to snuff" there is every reason to believe that major issues (like an IE9) will attract some attention!

I'm betting they are going to beat IE9 with 4.0 being "fully up to snuff." Microsoft only announced a few weeks ago that they are working on IE9. According to this report, "With [Windows President Steven] Sinofsky refusing to even hint at a release date, few expect IE9 to appear significantly earlier than Microsoft's usual two-year browser roll-out - which would see a full release in early 2011." Given that Logos is estimating they'll be done with all the missing functionality in 4.0 by second quarter 2010, that still gives them at least half a year to slip and still beat IE9. So they can expect users to upgrade to 4.0 if IE9 breaks Logos 3. The other option users will have would be to keep using IE8 for as long as it is supported which should be at least another year or so. If Logos 3 had this long to be out and tested by the public, I doubt any newly found bug will be considered severe enough to warrant putting out a bugfix release. I'm sure they haven't burned their bridges, just in case. I'm sure they've kept a forked copy of the source code archived from before the L4 rewrite. But knowing software development from the inside as I do, I'm sure all hands are on 4.0 from here on out, barring a lawsuit or something. At a certain point, the cost of keeping a dwindling set of legacy users happy becomes not worth it. Right now L3 users are fine and they will be fine for the next year or so. But Logos has made it pretty clear that they are not in the future calculus of where the company is going.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:24 AM

Yeah, according to Logos v3.0G it's already 12/31/2010 and still no IE9!

Too bad there's no external link to CNN.COM in Logos 3 so I can see what happens in the news next year on this day.

Now, THAT I'd pay for.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:51 AM

Well now we have a NEW one !!

For my computer system and time zone, Logos 3.0g showed the last few days of 2009 as actually still being in 2009.....

Now that the New Year has dawned, it is merrily showing today's date as January 1st, 2009...... Tongue Tied
(although the Lectionary is happily showing January 1st, 2010  Smile )

I wonder if this is in any way related to the bug with Logos 4 which crashed L4 on December 31 while attempting to startup........

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS