Passage Guide keeps changing

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
M Luper | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 27 2009 9:10 AM

I have manually set the different items and order of items I want displayed in the Passage Guide but it changes back to the original default items and order each time I open or close it. I went into the "change template" window and even when I made changes to the template it goes back to the original default items and order. How can the Passage Guide template be permanently changed?

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
MorrisProctorEmployee
Morris Proctor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 3:23 PM

To help understand what’s taking place please keep in mind a couple of terms: templates and reports. Templates produce reports.

The Passage Guide (PG) is what we could call the “master template.” The order can not be changed in the master. When you change the order you are changing the order for that one report, but not the master. If you run a PG on the same passage you’ll see the report open again just as you set it.

To designate your custom order for all reports go to the Guides menu and select Make a new guide template. This template will stay on the Guides menu (and the right click menu) so you can use it instead of the “master” to get just the sections that you want.

Posts 27
M Luper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 5:59 PM

Thanks,this was helpful. I created a custom passage guide, but was wondering one more thing. Is it possible to load one of the custom created guides, change it in some way, and then save it? With custom Layouts I know this can be done but couldn't figure out how to do this with the custom Guides.

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
MorrisProctorEmployee
Morris Proctor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 6:33 PM

Yes. It is automatically saved. For example:

• Use your PG template and generate a report for Psalm 23
  • When the report builds name it something like My Psalm 23 (name the report in the first section of the PG where it displays the passage)
  • The next time you generate a PG for PS 23 with your custom template, the My Psalm 23 report will open just as you closed it

It helps to remember that each time you run a PG report and name it, that named report is automatically saved by Logos.

Posts 27
M Luper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 7:38 PM

I was actually wondering about being able to rename the custom template I created using the "make a new guide" template, not simply naming a report for a particular passage. Can the custom template I created be opened, changed, and then renamed so that it is available for use as a custom guide or do I have to create an entirely new custom guide if I want to permanently include/exclude items, or change the order for a custom template I created?

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 7:59 PM

Open your template from the Guides menu, if you didn't give it a name it will be called Untitled Guide. When it opens click the panel menu (top left corner of panel), and click Edit Guide Template. You can edit it how you like; and to give it a name click Untitled Guide at top left of guide editing windows and type a name.

If you want you can also create your own Passage Guide and Exegetical Guide that the program will use by default instead of the built-in ones, see this walkthrough on the wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Customizing_the_Passage_and_Exegetical_Guides

Posts 27
M Luper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 8:15 PM

Thanks so much. That is exactly what I was looking for!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS