Can SSD partitions be established after the fact on Windows?…

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 3:00 PM

BTW, my cloning software gave me the option of creating a bootable USB drive.  I did do this.  Is that the same thing as the Windows 8 repair disk?

Posts 25384
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 3:05 PM

Michael Anda:
FYI, Partitions 1 and 2 represented Drive C: and Drive D from the HDD.

I would have thought they are too small from your screenshot.

Michael Anda:
After the cloning ended I saw that Partitions 4 and 5 were seen by the computer as being Drive E: and Drive F:

A lot of tools do this but these (hidden) partitions are not assigned drive letters by Windows when on the boot drive.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 3:19 PM

Made sense, AFTER I saw it represented the way I mentioned in File Explorer.

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 3:25 PM

After shutting down my laptop I notice it's now installing 16 updates.  It's always something, they say.  I better redo the whole shebang me thinks.

Posts 25384
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 3:29 PM

Michael Anda:

After shutting down my laptop I notice it's now installing 16 updates.  It's always something, they say.  I better redo the whole shebang me thinks.

Why bother - those updates will also happen on the SSD after swapping drives successfully.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 3:38 PM

I figured as much, but I wasn't sure about the stability.  Now that I think about those updates are already downloaded and present on the SSD waiting to be applied, aren't they?

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 4:02 PM

Stuck again.  Can't figure out how to remove HDD from computer.  Can't find a tab to pull anywhere.

Posts 25384
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 4:06 PM

Michael Anda:

I figured as much, but I wasn't sure about the stability.  Now that I think about those updates are already downloaded and present on the SSD waiting to be applied, aren't they?

Whether downloaded or not, the updates will be applied if they are needed.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25384
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 4:10 PM

Michael Anda:

Stuck again.  Can't figure out how to remove HDD from computer.  Can't find a tab to pull anywhere.

They usually slot into a fixed connector, so pull drive away from that.

I'm going away for a few hours now.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 8:59 PM

You've been a big help, Dave.  Thank you.

As for my progress—I FINALLY got it up and running a short while ago.  I don't know why but I had to keep trying all the recovery options and it finally took—from the SSD, no less.  Everything is quite zippy and I can't wait to get my Logos 5 software up and running.  I'll be downloading my resources throughout the night.

Posts 25384
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 2:14 AM

Michael Anda:
As for my progress—I FINALLY got it up and running a short while ago.  I don't know why but I had to keep trying all the recovery options and it finally took

Well done! Perseverance pays.

Michael Anda:
I'll be downloading my resources throughout the night.

Now you disappoint me as you have the resources on the HDD and can use Method 3.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 7:19 AM

No, I hadn't installed Logos on this computer previously.  I've only purchased it quite recently and wanted to get the SSD in place first.  I could have copied them from another machine, but… my brain was nearly ready to explode as things sat.  Geeked

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS