I need a list of logos 5 fonts

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 291
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 8 2014 9:32 AM

I had a problem with a bad font on my iMac Computer. So I restored the fonts to factory default. I think I restored all the important fonts I just wanted to make sure that I had all the logos fonts. Could somebody point me the list of installed fonts.

Posts 24851
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 8 2014 12:01 PM

A list of fonts is problematic. Some may not be freely available, some may be licenced to Logos.

If you have a Time Machine backup of Logos could you not restore fonts from that?

(fonts are installed by Logos 5 PreRequisites on Windows, so I would repair that program or uninstall PreRequisites and re-install).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 233
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 8 2014 5:57 PM

How did you restore your fonts to the factory default?  If you used Time Machine it should have restored all fonts both from the system library and user library which would include those by Logos.  However, if you restored the fonts manually, some of them may have been missed. I'm not sure which fonts are installed by Logos. It was easy to isolate them with the LLS and Libronix programs but not so with Logos 5.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

In Christ,

Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 9 2014 9:22 AM

Mike McKnelly:

Could somebody point me the list of installed fonts.

Fortunately on the Mac this is easily found. Mac applications are different to Windows, the Logos Mac application icon you see is actually a special form of folder.

All (unique to) Logos fonts are stored in the Logos application, to find them and see the full list:

1. Open Finder and go to the Applications folder where Logos should be.
  2. Right click on the Logos application and from the context menu choose 'Show Package Contents'
  3. Depending on your default Finder display mode for the Applications folder you will see just an icon called 'Contents' or other. Regardless —choose the Finder Column view.
  4. Click on Contents you will then see in next column — _CodeSignature, Frameworks and other files & folders
  5. Navigate to — Contents | Resources | Fonts
  6. There you will see all fonts installed in the Logos application

Of course the take away from this also is that if your Logos application is installed OK on your Mac then you will have all necessary (Logos) fonts.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 291
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 9 2014 9:44 AM

Thanks I discovered that last night.

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 9 2014 1:18 PM

Note that there is a current intermittent problem—at least on my system—between the Logos embedded Ezra SIL and the one installed in the System Fonts Folder. Logos sometimes generates a duplicate font error and refuses to provide any Hebrew font other than SBL Hebrew. The only cure is to restart Logos, sometimes twice. I need Ezra in my Fonts folder for MS Word which will not recognize SBL Hebrew. Tom Philpott is aware of the problem, but so far there is not a cure. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS