Really hope Logos 5 can provide English-Chinese dictionary

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
lo1384 | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 8 2014 4:23 PM

I really hope Logos 5 can provide English-Chinese dictionary.  By double clicking the choosing word, user can find the Chinese meaning easily.  

I can do it (E-C translate) on my Android cell phone and Tablet (Logos's app) by using FingerTranslate App. But, not on my PC (Windows 8).  

Kindle provide very good English-Chinese dictionary no matter on cell phone, tablet, or PC.  

I personally think this function is not hard to develop because you already have the function (dictionary function - "choose word and find the meaning in Information screen", and Chinese version Bible function - " show Chinese font").  What your team need to do now just provide a dictionary book (from E => C).  

I really hope Chinese users can have this function soon.   Thanks! 

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 8 2014 4:42 PM

What a great idea!  

I'd assume it's so obvious, that many of the Logos staff that use 2nd languages would have already thought about it. Chinese, Korean, Japanese (all my friends), German, and so on.  They probably thought about it in Libronix too.

I wonder if there are public domain dictionaries that can be moved into personal books and then prioritized to catch the english double-click?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1463
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 8 2014 5:05 PM

I second this. Even better, if Logos can license an English-Chinese theological dictionary for this purpose.

In general, would love to see more Chinese resources beyond Bibles soon.  There's a vast market to be tapped -- currently there is NO vendor for Chinese Christian e-resources at all in the entire world!  (Almega.com.hk is no longer actively publishing e-resources.)  That's a huge gap for the most populous country in the world!

I hope Logos will be able to hire the Chinese language product manager soon.

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS