Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5
Andy Casper | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 9 2014 9:53 AM

Maybe I'm missing some settings, and if I am, please instruct me. I'd like to see everything, by default, fade. Audio, video, or images on transitions.  Particularly from pre-service loop to Warm-up and in songs when I blank the text.  

Overall I'd just like to see very fluid movement from anything, to anything.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 9:18 AM

Hello Andy,

There is a known issue with transitions not working when using the blank quickscreen (if that is one of the issues you are having). This has been fixed and should be shipped with an update in the near future. Other than that, transitions should work normally. I will investigate certain areas and let you know if I can reproduce any issues.

Posts 5
Andy Casper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 9:31 AM

Thanks Spencer! The blank screen not fading is an issue for us, but I didn't think of it as a bug. I'm glad that's being addressed. More than that however the more pressing thing for us is the transition from pre-service loop to warm up. We have music queued with some slides and videos in pre service loop. When the warmup begins the background music ends abruptly and the warm up video sort of stutters into play. We're trying to find some creative ways to time the music with the warm up, but so far nothing perfect has worked out. Ideally the pre-service loop would fade from wherever it is into the warm up video, music included. Thanks for the hard work you guys put into this software.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2014 9:01 AM

I have not run into these issues in house, however I will investigate today and follow up with any information I find. Thank you for your patience.

Posts 10
Lacy Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2014 6:24 PM

We have the same issue with the audio not fading.  We have to use our sound board to create audio transitions and I would love for there to be an option to have the audio fade transition in Proclaim, but I don't think it exists.  When our preservice playlist runs into the warm up video, it abruptly cuts off, just like you report.  It's very jarring, so we have had to resort to using the sliders on our audio board.  

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2014 4:42 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with this.  We would LOVE to see the audio fade with the transition to the warm-up section or the first slide in the main body of the presentation.  Shouldn't be that hard to incorporate into a stop audio cue.  Should it? :-)

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2014 1:19 PM

Hello all,

Audio fading is on our to-do list so it should be implemented in the near future.

Posts 5
Andy Casper | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2014 1:24 PM

It's there a list of application feature priorities that you publish? It'd be cool to see what's coming and know when certain features are getting close.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2014 4:32 PM

I do not have a list at this moment unfortunately.

Posts 168
Lucas Herlitz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 1:12 PM

I am still very confused about the Fade options.  There's the main Fade settings at the top of Proclaim (which seem to effect nothing at all) and then a fade setting for each item (which I have to manually and painstakingly change each one at a time).

This, to me, seems like something that should "just work."  I normally wouldn't make a big stink about the fade, but lately, I've actually gotten complaints from the congregation on how "jerky" everything seems when nothing seems to fade right.

Also, going "backwards" in the timeline shout, at the very least, still use the transition settings I've manually set up.  It doesn't.

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 1:21 PM

This is really the only thing I can think of that I don't like about Proclaim since I've started using it a couple weeks ago. I thought it was a setting I missed, but apparently not. At least it's a bug and not a missing feature.

Honestly, in the many years that I've done presentations for my church, I have never not used a fade. I always fade from one thing to another. Just a fade. I never use the other transitions because they're gaudy to me. A cut transition is something I never use because of how jarring it is during a service. There are times a cut is needed, but 99.9% of the time a fade transition is what I use. Just my opinion.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 1:56 PM

Lucas Herlitz:
I am still very confused about the Fade options.  There's the main Fade settings at the top of Proclaim (which seem to effect nothing at all) and then a fade setting for each item (which I have to manually and painstakingly change each one at a time).

Does this happen with every type of item/background, or certain items/backgrounds? When I create a new presentation, set the main transition setting for the presentation for fade and create items, the fade transition works correctly while on-air/in preview. Also, what is the name of the particular presentation where this happens?

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 1:57 PM

Also another note: If you go through slides too fast, transitions will be disabled.

Posts 10
Lacy Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 8:13 PM

That's awesome!  I can't wait.  I have several people who'd like to volunteer to run the service, but are intimidated by having to switch back and forth from the computer to the sound board.  Hitting the advance button on the laptop is a no-brainer even to those older folks in our congregation who are computer illiterate, but the sound board is a big scary beast to them and they don't want to touch it.  I'll be so glad when I can set up some sound fade cues so we don't have to manually fade on the sound board before advancing the slides.  

Posts 2
Bill Pinto | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 9 2014 11:47 AM

While we are talking about fading, it would be great if the fade speed could be altered. I'm sure for some it's too slow and to others (including me) it's just a bit too fast. Just another thought for the feature list.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS