Copy function ignores citation style setting

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 654
Jim | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 11 2014 11:33 AM

If I highlight some text in a resource, right click and select copy, then paste that text in a Logos Note or some other program, the accompanying resource citation is not in the form I set in the Logos Program Settings. This is a nuisance. If I copy and paste in an outside document where I keep my research, I have to go back, select Information and copy the citation in the format I want and replace the citation the copy/paste placed in my research notes. Is this a problem for anyone else?

I'm using Logos Bible Software 5.2 SR-5 (5.2.0.0121)

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 20
Gilles Despins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:11 AM

Yes, I have the same problem. No solution yet?

Posts 3127
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:25 AM

I haven't noticed this particular issue, but the citation part of L5 leaves a lot to be desired...

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:59 AM

I was JUST noticing the same! I was trying to copy and paste from a couple commentaries onto a Pages document and there was no citation along with it.  Funny because I was specifically hoping it would cite because I wanted the family member I was going to send it to would see the source the info came with.

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 3127
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 11:34 AM

Richard Villanueva:

I was JUST noticing the same! I was trying to copy and paste from a couple commentaries onto a Pages document and there was no citation along with it.  Funny because I was specifically hoping it would cite because I wanted the family member I was going to send it to would see the source the info came with.

I believe that particular issue is an actual limitation with Pages, there was another thread somewhere talking about it.

How to upload logs

Posts 3127
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 12:07 PM

Richard Villanueva:

See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/90884.aspx

How to upload logs

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:22 PM

Thanks! I'll give it a read and then try to copy/paste into word instead. I thought I remembered being able to directly copy text into pages within logos? I'll read your link and see what answers I find.  Appreciate the help!

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS