Proclaim: On the Fly-Editing?

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8
Joshua | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 14 2014 6:47 AM

Will it possibly be a future update that lets a user edit a content slide while Proclaim is On-Air? Before switching to Proclaim, PowerPoint has been the program we use to quickly create slides according to our needs. Putting "PowerPoint like" features in Proclaim, will enhance the user's design abilities both on and off the Air.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2014 8:47 AM

Hello Joshua,

This is already possible in Proclaim. All you need to do to edit a slide while on-air is navigate to the edit screen, select the service item you would like to edit, and edit the item. The service item will update automatically.

Posts 8
Joshua | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2014 8:54 AM

I guess what I was referring to was the "Customize" button when Proclaim is On-Air. Creating sermon notes "on the fly" is difficult if the user has no control over the each text box.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2014 8:57 AM

I see. This is not supported in Proclaim as of this moment (as you have already found out). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 9
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:07 PM

Spencer,

I am a new Proclaim user and miss this same feature of being able to customize a slide.  Many times my pastor or music leader will be having me make changes before church while the announcements are rolling.  I have to stop them to make the changes.  How are bugs and enhancements prioritized to get this to the top?

Mike Wilson

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 9:59 AM

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately I do not have an ETA on when this could be implemented. If I can get more info I will let you know. In the mean-time, you can edit the slides (without making major changes to the formatting such as different font, font size, text box placement/sizing, etc.) by going to the edit tab while on-air and clicking on the item you wish to edit.

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 27 2014 8:50 PM

We also need this feature enabled.  It is a real hindrance and very unprofessional to have to drop the slide to show the desktop while editing and then re enable the on air feature.  The edit feature is helpful but often the problem requires the Customizing features.  Especially if you need to change the background, fonts, font color, add a shadow, etc.  It is pretty much impossible to get around this once you add a slide of any type requiring backgrounds and lettering. Since there is no way to make certain fonts, colors, and formatting a default when a song gets added or some other item that requires these adjustments this is a HUGE issue.  Especially for those of us who are migrating from other presentation programs which have this ability as a standard.

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2014 9:37 AM

Hello There,

We are in the process of changing how this works and the ability to customize a slide while on-air should be possible in the near future.

Posts 32
OCGF1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2014 11:01 AM

Well this is great news.  Our worship director often adds songs during the service. And we also will add other slides as the need arises.  Not having fluidity in pulling up slides as a template complicated by the lack of customization while on air is a major disappointment and flaw.  Thank you for finally making this a priority. We feel it is much more important to have this feature than so many of the prior features that were enabled over the past couple of years. Like surveys and signals that don't pass on all slides in a presentation rather than just the bible verses.  Thank you for prioritizing & working on the basics.

• Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center
  • AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core 2.5 GHz
  • OCZ DDR2 8Gb
  • Logos 5
  • Proclaim
Posts 8
Joshua | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 1 2014 6:29 PM

Awesome! Cannot wait. I didn't want to switch to ProPresenter!

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 3 2014 3:41 PM

Absolutely, this is great news.  I do agree that the Proclaim folks seem to have strange priorities when it comes to getting the important aspects of the program working or even in place at all.  Things that are pretty much standard in the leading presentation programs on the market seem to be missing or not working efficiently in proclaim. I have found the program to be functional and peculiar at the same time.  Especially with this new updated look and improvements.  Things do appear to be moving forward but just not in a manner that effectively meets the users most important needs. Nor in a timely manner.  It does seem Proclaim has an agenda all it's own. It is fun to watch even though frustrating.  And yes, having Media Shout & Pro Presenter waiting in the background at the click of a button is definitely a handy back up which has been our rescue when Proclaim goes on a journey of it's own and leaves us behind.  Wink

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 4
Main Admin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:25 PM

Any update on this? Do you guys have a timeline when this going to available?

Posts 9
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 6:18 AM

Is there a user forum or group that we can attend to help define future updates?  Is there any notifications as to what is coming and ETA?

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 11:45 AM

I don't have an exact ETA but I do know it is in the pipeline right now. When it gets closer to being released I will give an update. There is not a group at this moment but I will see what we can do about that.

Posts 68
Aaron Linne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 11:54 AM

Mike -

The best way to give feedback about Proclaim and what features you'd like to see is by posting here in the forums or on our UserVoice: http://proclaim.uservoice.com/

The team is highly involved with the forums and the conversations here do influence the development of future features. Thanks!

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 12:28 PM

Do we have an update on this?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 12:53 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Do we have an update on this?

This is possible already. Just go to the edit view while on air, click on a text box, and you will be able to customize the style of the slide (font style, text box placement, etc.).

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 7:42 AM

Thanks, I'll check it out. Is there a really quick way to put a surprise verse reference up on the fly?

I guess what I mean to say is, what is the quickest way to do that.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 9:25 AM

David Taylor Jr:
Is there a really quick way to put a surprise verse reference up on the fly?

The fastest way to pull up a bible verse while On-Air would be using the OSB Quick Screen.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS