Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Brandon Penney | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 15 2014 8:09 AM

I love the new look of refTagger, but since the update to v2 the Control Panel on my site stopped working (where the user can pick the default Bible version). I notice the new Reftagger.com website no longer has information about adding a control panel. It's really unfortunate if this feature was removed as it was very useful.

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 10:48 AM

We no longer advertise the Reftagger control panel, but the control panel should still be functional; this is a bug in the new script that I should have a fix for deployed shortly.

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 11:01 AM

This fix has been deployed. If you continue to have trouble with the control panel please let me know.

Posts 7
Brandon Penney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 3:50 PM

Sorry, it still doesn't seem to be working. When you click the "Save" button nothing happens. It use to refresh the page, but now nothing.

If the Control Panel is no longer being advertised, is there another way for the user to change the Bible version that I'm unaware of? Thanks again!

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 4:18 PM

Does it still fail to work properly after clearing the cache (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bypass_your_cache)?

If you set the bibleVersion setting to null then Reftagger will use the preferred Bible for any users who are authenticated with Biblia.com and have set a preferred Bible (via the Library tab on Biblia.com). For anonymous users or users who haven't chosen a preferred Bible this will default to the ESV. This is definitely not a well-documented solution.

Posts 7
Brandon Penney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 4:30 PM

It still fails. I even tried on a computer which has never visited the site before. I just uploaded a bare-bones test site to see if it works and it doesn't. 

brandonpenney dot com

Does it work on your end?

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 4:40 PM

I see the issue. The control panel code is set up to work with Reftagger v1 (available at http://api.reftagger.com/jsapi/referencetagging.js) but you are using Reftagger v2 (http://api.reftagger.com/v2/reftagger.js).

Luckily, you can easily update your control panel code to work with the new version. Just change "javascript:Logos.ReferenceTagging.lbsSafePrefs()" to "javascript:refTagger.lbsSavePrefs()" (inside the onclick attribute of the save button).

Posts 7
Brandon Penney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 4:48 PM

Ah ha! It's working perfectly now, thank you so much for your help!

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 4:52 PM

My pleasure! Thanks for the bare-bones example of the issue. That made debugging the whole thing easy. :)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS